Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DC Meet & Greet  (Read 30363 times)

mhs505

• View Profile
Re: DC Meet & Greet
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 02:32:17 pm »

My timing stinks.  I need to go to DC on Weds and will be in the VA area until late Sat.  :(

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 03:06:12 pm »

It is true there was a fine looking blond female who attended the meet and greet who was introduced to me as Hilary.  I shook her hand and said "hi".  Beyond that, I did not have the opportunity to get better acquainted regarding where she was from or why she was there.  I can confirm she did not look nearly as old as Hillary Clinton, nor did she look very much like her so I'm pretty sure she was not HRC.  I thought someone said she was not actually a Prosper lender or borrower but I may have been mistaken.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

It is true there was a fine looking blond female who attended the meet and greet who was introduced to me as Hilary.  I shook her hand and said "hi".  Beyond that, I did not have the opportunity to get better acquainted regarding where she was from or why she was there.  I can confirm she did not look nearly as old as Hillary Clinton, nor did she look very much like her so I'm pretty sure she was not HRC.  I thought someone said she was not actually a Prosper lender or borrower but I may have been mistaken.

She didn't by any chance have a pink purse, did she? ;)

Sorry I missed this - buying a business is going to keep me close to home for awhile. Headed for 2 days at the beach in few weeks but that's because it's w/in driving distance in case I need to back :(
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

luana

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2008, 03:53:22 pm »

:-* DC meet and Greet was awesome!!  Thanks so much vsqueen.  I loved spending time with everyone & meeting new faces!  Also GOG I loved my port last night :-*  Vsqueen  you did an awesome job!  Best trip I had in a long time!

ran-ran

• View Profile
    • DelMarVa Lending
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2008, 06:23:43 pm »

You are correct in that she is not a member of the Prosper cult. She had never even heard of it until she was aboard the boat on Friday night. Good planning by Islandmele by not divulging until we pulled away from the dock.

Best Wishes,

DelMarVa Lending

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 11:21:22 pm »

Well, it is late and I am quite tired.  I will post a few pics tomorrow or the day after when I have recovered after such a wonderful week of friends and fun.

I would like to think that everyone had a good time and I was especially glad to finally meet zcommodore.  We decided that he looks amazingly similar to his avatar! 

Hillary was basically a party crasher for the weekend (not that anyone seemed to mind and she is a lot of fun), however, don't be surprised if she ends up with a screen name and starts showing up on a regular basis beginning this week.   :D

A drunk girl's lips are a sober girl's desire.

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2008, 06:41:31 am »

The weekend was a blast, even though I had to miss Sunday's events.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into organizing this, vsqueen!  You did a fantastic job!!!!!!
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:15 am »

I would like to think that everyone had a good time and I was especially glad to finally meet zcommodore.  We decided that he looks amazingly similar to his avatar! 

Now I wish I had gone through with my idea to rent a costume for the event.  It was a thought I had back when the event was originally mentioned several months ago.  I was just too lazy to put it together.   8)  :ninja:

Gogmagog

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2008, 07:07:50 pm »

On Thursday, we went to a place called Charthouse, which was a seafood/steak place on the waterfront of Alexandria.  Cosmos used the Hilton concierge to arrange reservations, so the restaurant printed up a custom menu, and gave the table 4 free Chocolate Lava Cakes as a free dessert. 

Friday, during the day we walked around the shops of Alexandria(Old Town).  Saw lots of nifty old fashioned shops, and new ones who had to fit in with the Historical Gestapo Building regs.  But the town was awesome.  A few streets even had the original cobblestones.(Shocks and strut makers love the town I bet)  That night, we took a catered boat ride on the Potomac.  It went from Alexandria up to DC and back.  Drinks, food, and ladies oggling Rival.

Saturday was the several hour wine tour(3 wineries).  I can't remember their names, but the first one was a small winery in the boonies.  Awesome views of the valley. The other two were bigger.  We also had a bus trailing us, full of people dressed(presumably as a joke) as 1980's preppies.  With pink shirts and preppy sweaters, ladies in tennis skirts, and one guy in pink pants.  Luana was all about the getting plastered at the wine tasting.  She and Hillary bought wine at almost every turn, and since we could drink on the tour bus, many bottles ended up getting drunk.  For dinner, we went to a sushi place called the Flying Fish.  Aside from the coackroach(not in the food) and Ran-ran's periodic episodes of homicidal anger towards a squalling infant, it was a good time and awesome food.  :P  I wimped out and between a belly fully of wine, crackers, bread, and sushi, I went to bed at like 8PM.

Sunday was all about Mt Vernon(home of George Washington). We met up with Rich there. Lots of touristy goodness there. A decent museum and education center, and the grounds were huge.  We saw the mansion(lots of tiny rooms), then went to the on-site restaurant and had a good meat&potatoes meal(tenderloin with bĂ©arnaise and au-gratin potatoes with peach-strawberry cobbler).  zcommadore came for the meal.  Afterwards we spent a few hours wandering about.  I also spent $250 at the gift shop. :)  Sunday night, we went to an awesome Tapas bar, consumed many pitchers of sangria, got Soupy a birthday flan with drunk-singing, introduced Luana to Port, and finally discussed how many other drunk-trips we should plan in the future.

On Monday I spent 4 hours touring DC on foot(Note, take a tour bus, its big). I also took the metro(my first time taking the metro in any place). Since it was Columbus Day, there were parades and events later in the day so several places around the White House were blocked off. 

vsqueen took me to eat at some hold-in-the-wall Turkey joint on the way to the airport.  I had a "Turkey Supper" which is turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce on a toasted sub roll.  I ate mine, and half of hers, and it is one of the most satisfying bits of food I have ever eaten.  Honestly, with respect to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum and all its nifty things(another $250 in gifts bought), the sandwich was really the high point of the day.  I was in a carb-coma the whole way home. 

In Summary, Alexandria(Old Town) is awesome, and only 15 mins by train to the middle of DC. The Smithsonian Metro exit is ON the Capital Mall.  Also, fly into Ronald Reagan International, not Dulles.  So long as you don't have good makeup or wine bottles, the Hilton is the place to be. (If you didn't get the joke about the makeup or wine, HAHAHAHAH  The power of the inside joke is mine and mine alone to wield!)

Leporello wasn't there.  Theoretically he hosted a dinner on Monday night(I left Monday afternoon).  Hillary was a friend of Islandmele from New York.  Islandmele was going to meet her in NY after the M&G, but Hillary decided to come down.  (On the Chinatown bus, so it cost her like $20-$30 bucks)  Everything is so much closer together on the East Coast.  :P 

P.S. I didn't get lucky, unless you count the time I put stolen candy in vsqueen's bra. 

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:59 pm »

Gog, I don't think anyone could have summed up the weekend any better.   :D :D :D

Of course I get the makeup and wine bottle jokes, but you did forget to mention the fact that you devoured almost an entire chocolate lava cake yourself  ::)

Lep was out of town for the weekend and was unable to make the M&G events.  However, Shenandoah, Lep, Islandmele, bcazay, jazzpianist and myself had dinner on Monday night at a restaurant in DC.  We had a lovely time and were again up too late and drank too much. 

Was going to post photos tonight of some of the events, however, can't get them on the computer.

I will figure something out tomorrow, and no, there are no pics of Gog putting candy down my bra  :ninja:

Edit:  Figured out how to get the pics on the computer, will have to work on getting them to show up correctly on the internet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:07:08 pm by vsqueen »
A drunk girl's lips are a sober girl's desire.

luana

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:23 pm »

That was a good summary, but I didn't get the "make up at the hilton"  Did I miss something???

I think Gog got the description of the wine thing wrong about me.  I loved the winery and I loved it because it was all about edumakating me more about wine.  I don't think I was the one WHO TOOK A NAP. 

but I do appreciate the advice to take 2 ibuprophen before you drink & 2 after.  No hanging after soupys birthday.  Also we got a free bottle of champagne from the sheraton for soupy's birthday & we enjoyed some incrediable laughter from ms Islandmele.  It was FUN!

luana

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2008, 09:13:03 pm »

Vsqueen do you have any picture of Rival.  I would like to remember what we were "OGGLING" about??? :P

Zaun

• I worship fact like others worship fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 07:49:01 am »

Yes, the meet and greet was excellent! My wife and I attended. (She is not on Prosper.) I had met vsqueen and Shenandoah before since they live close by. As some others alluded to, yes there were indeed a few rather attractive women there, including my wife of course! Hahhah! It's true, but yes, I'm very diplomatic!  ;D We attended the boat trip on Friday and the Mount Vernon visit on Sunday. It was a pleasure to meet everyone!

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:00 am »

I'm sad I didn't get to go.   :-\

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 09:36:30 am »

Nobody from Prosper came to this M&G, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up