Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mjosa  (Read 2796 times)

mjosa

• View Profile
mjosa
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:44 pm »

What is your experience in P2P lending?
I'm still very new at this.  My first loan on prosper originated late December 2007; my first lendingclub loan is from mid-January.  In both cases, I was attracted by the "free" $25 sign-up bonus and the apparently high rates available.  I've made a few loans I would not have made today, a few weeks later, but I put that down as cost of education.

How did you end up at Prospers.org?
I don't remember exactly.  Probably via Google and/or someone's blog.  When I'm trying out something new, I'm a voracious consumer of related information.  It's very interesting for me to find this community.

Where to do you live?
A city in the Midwest -- not the most pleasant place in the world to be this time of year, but nine months out of twelve, it's great.

What do you do?
I'm a computer programmer.  My official job title may sound more grand, but that's what I do.

Other investing experience?
Most of my money is in tax-advantaged retirement plans, and most of my money continues to go into those.  I have a bit less in brokerage accounts, mostly in mutual funds and a bit less in individual stocks.  I've been doing this seriously for ten years or so and I've made my share of mistakes.

Other hobbies?
Travel: I'm not originally from the US and I like to visit other countries from time to time.

makkberger

• View Profile
Re: mjosa
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:03 am »

Welcome!
The ultimate measure of a person is do they keep their word or not.  And "I don't recall" means you're either lying or you should be put out to pasture...
Pages: [1]   Go Up