Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Poll

How many Prosper accts have you registered (identity can be unverified)?

- 48 (66.7%)
- 11 (15.3%)
- 6 (8.3%)
- 0 (0%)
5 or more
- 1 (1.4%)
- 6 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: How many Prosper accts have you registered (identity can be unverified)?  (Read 13481 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report

Recently, Prosper has seen an explosion in membership growth. I would like to know if people with multiple accounts are contributing to this.

Please consider any account you have signed up on behalf of someone else, or accounts used for endorsements that belong to you but appear to be someone else (eg friends with unverified identities).

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

HollowOak

• View Profile

You forgot the zero and WGAF options. ;)
Old Stump
My blog

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report

You forgot the zero and WGAF options. ;)

I added zero for now. That might reveal some nice secondary information.

you're

SGriff

• Pedanticism for fun and profit...
    • View Profile

You do realize, with all the P-r employees skulking about, that such confessions would inspire P-r management to take a closer look at IP ranges on user accounts, and commence deleting duplicates....
By all means, cry havoc and let slip the toy pomeranians of war!

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile

Good.

You've only got one SSN.

You should only have one Prosper account, IMNSHO.

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.

Shenandoah

• View Profile

You do realize, with all the P-r employees skulking about, that such confessions would inspire P-r management to take a closer look at IP ranges on user accounts, and commence deleting duplicates....

And reduce their own membership numbers?
How would that look when next month's membership is smaller then the previous?

I do agree with Greebo, it would be a good thing if they did.  But considering how much they like to inflate any numbers they can, I don't see it happening.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

SGriff

• View Profile

Good.

You've only got one SSN.

You should only have one Prosper account, IMNSHO.

I concur. However, any confessions to the contrary are certainly going to send Witchel off on another hunt, which will, in all likelihood, result in more keystone kops-esque bumbling on the Prosper server, possibly including the deletion of perfectly valid accounts.

SGriff

• View Profile

I do agree with Greebo, it would be a good thing if they did.  But considering how much they like to inflate any numbers they can, I don't see it happening.

You really think Witchel's vendetta against the .org crowd would be trumped by a membership #'s goal?

Shenandoah

• View Profile

You really think Witchel's vendetta against the .org crowd would be trumped by a membership #'s goal?

Yes, because membership numbers relate directly to availability of VC money.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

ABuckeye

• View Profile

As I said in another thread, when I opened a second account using mostly different info they immediately closed my first account. If I try to use that first account, it gives me a message about "it has been determined that this account is a duplicate of another active account" or some such language. There was no problem with my wife having her own account, so there doesn't seem to be consideration for IP address matching.

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile

As I said in another thread, when I opened a second account using mostly different info they immediately closed my first account. If I try to use that first account, it gives me a message about "it has been determined that this account is a duplicate of another active account" or some such language. There was no problem with my wife having her own account, so there doesn't seem to be consideration for IP address matching.

Does a member page exist for your first account (the one that was closed down)?

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report

noone has to confess anything. your vote remains anonymous unless you choose otherwise.

Also, do you think Prosper is unaware of the possibility of people signing up multiple accounts? I doubt it.

you're

HollowOak

• View Profile

If your hypothesis is valid, it will be interesting to see how they are going to act where there are multiple legitimate Prosper members in the same household.
Old Stump
My blog

Mtnchick

• View Profile

More than 10% so far are zero? Wow.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile

This has the potential to be very interesting, although not very many people have voted.  I was a little confused by the wording myself; I wasn't sure what "identity can be unverified" meant.

By all indications, loan growth, estimated site traffic, forum action, etc. It would appear that there isn't a heckuva lot of growth.  It would be interesting to have a rough estimate of the number of duplicate (or quintuplicate) accounts...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up