Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amsher collection stats problem  (Read 9087 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Amsher collection stats problem
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:32:27 pm »

Prosper has removed the Penncro collection stats from their web site.  Unfortunately, it appears that there are still a lot of loans with Penncro, and we cannot see their status.

On 2/22/08 Prosper showed 3348 loans total at Penncro.
On 2/23/08 Prosper shows 1181 loans total at Amsher.

That means 2167 loans just disappeared from our radar screen!

Now it is possible that they're not done transferring loans and therefore maybe these numbers are premature.  Or maybe, we've just lost visibility permanently for 2/3 of the loans.

Next problem is that the Amsher % cured number is going to be difficult to interpret for quite some time.  One reason is that this pile of old crappy loans (mostly that Penncro had worked on for awhile with no success) have just been dumped on Amsher.  In other words, those 1181 loans now in Amsher's in-basket have a character different than the "freshly late" loans that were deliveed to Penncro in the past.  That means that we can reasonably expect the results from Amsher to be low initially, until the initial batch of old loans is overwhelmed by new freshly late loans delivered to Amsher over the next few months.  Another reason is that Amsher hasn't had any time with the loans it has just been delivered.  The cure rate is 0% now simply because the loans have just arrived.  We'll have to wait to know the score.  Meanwhile, we should expect the Amsher %cured to begin to grow, and we can at least track its rate of growth.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Amsher collection stats problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:22:08 pm »

Where are the numbers pulling from? As I stated elsewhere, I have this account:

https://www.prosper.com/secure/account/lender/lender_loan_details.aspx?id=7982
http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=97110

Which is showing AmSher on top, but Penncro on the bottom.  :ninja:
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:29:42 pm »

Rip Van Lender here.

I could have sworn that, last night, when I looked at my lates that were switched from Penncro to AmSher, both of them said "Payments collected: $0.00 after 6 hours".  Now one of them says "Payments collected: $0.00 after 1 week 2 days."

What else happened over the last 8 days while I was asleep?

"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 04:31:43 pm »

Rip Van Lender here.

I could have sworn that, last night, when I looked at my lates that were switched from Penncro to AmSher, both of them said "Payments collected: $0.00 after 6 hours".  Now one of them says "Payments collected: $0.00 after 1 week 2 days."

God created P-----r on the 8th day of the week, apparently.

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 04:36:47 pm »

I think that's like back-dating a check.

I'm seeing same thing. 

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »

Rip Van Lender here.

hope you are rested  ;)

seriously, though, Prosper did say earlier that the files had been moved to AmSher when the letters indicated they would and the the display would catch up later.  it appears that might be true.

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 04:44:17 pm »

Rip Van Lender here.

hope you are rested  ;)

seriously, though, Prosper did say earlier that the files had been moved to AmSher when the letters indicated they would and the the display would catch up later.  it appears that might be true.

I'm amusing myself trying to visualize the code required to do this.
Old Stump
My blog

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 04:49:34 pm »

Can you point me to where Prosper said that?

Would be a strange thing for them to say, because the letter did not specify a date when the loans would be moved.

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »

Well I searched and cannot find a direct source.  Only this so far:

Called the lender support number- Cameron says they are swithing loans from Penncro to Amsher today, and that switch is what we're seeing.

Edited to change Penncorp to Penncro

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:05:03 pm »

When I checked Prosper this morning, AmSher had collected $0 on my 3 late loans after 17 hours.  Now, as others have posted, it's a week and 2 days.  Unfortunately, the $0 is still the same on my 3 lates.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 11:04:44 pm »

One reason is that this pile of old crappy loans (mostly that Penncro had worked on for awhile with no success) have just been dumped on Amsher.

So I should be expecting great things from AmSher with 2 loans that were late under Penncro that Penncro brought current and are now AmSher's responsibility.

Call them "crappy loans" if you must, but Penncro was getting results on them and I have no assurance if AmSher will do as well.

If AmSher is such a great thing, why does PMI have to force it down our throats? 

I much rather would have liked to see AmSher offered as a third choice, have seen some lenders select it voluntarily, watched its performance, and then switched over if I thought the data merited that action.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 02:12:28 pm »

Got a response from Prosper Andrew.  I asked about the 2167 loans that disappeared from the collection stats page.   He responded that they are at Amsher and in the process of being moved databasewise. 

Strange, but that's the official answer.

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 02:53:54 pm »

The dropped the computer cards, and are trying to find a sorter before reading them back in.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 03:00:39 pm »

The dropped the computer cards, and are trying to find a sorter before reading them back in.

Missing chads.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 03:12:17 pm »

I believe the database is in the back of witchel's pickup truck as we speak on it's way back up to PMI
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up