Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .com Deletes two forums: Announcements & Prosper Days  (Read 5041 times)

traveler505

• View Profile
.com Deletes two forums: Announcements & Prosper Days
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:00:45 am »

Hi all,

We have removed the Announcements forum in favor of the Prosper Blog, where we have been posting announcements (and other interesting articles) for the last few months.

Additionally, now that Prosper Days 2008 is over, and due to a lack of posting in that forum, we have removed the Prosper Days forum.

Best regards,

Prosper

As far as I can tell, the last post in the Prosper Days forum was NewHorizon's 2/12 post that Big Gulp's party would still happen, but that he wasn't at liberty to post how to find outr when or where it would happen.  There wasn't a single post about what actually happened at the event.
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: .com Deletes two forums: Announcements & Prosper Days
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:13:30 am »

As far as I can tell, the last post in the Prosper Days forum was NewHorizon's 2/12 post that Big Gulp's party would still happen, but that he wasn't at liberty to post how to find outr when or where it would happen.  There wasn't a single post about what actually happened at the event.

What happens at BG's pre-con party stays at BG's pre-con party...  :ninja:  :ninja:

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:56:39 am »

Why would they delete "Announcements"?  ???
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:22:50 am »

Probably because they weren't using them anymore.  In case you didn't notice, Prosper Andrew posted in the Prosper blog what he used to post in the announcements forum on either of the .com forums.  The only thing I miss is the ability to go back and see what updates happened when.  Otherwise, the announcements forum really wasn't being used.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26:37 am »

Probably because they weren't using them anymore.  In case you didn't notice, Prosper Andrew posted in the Prosper blog what he used to post in the announcements forum on either of the .com forums.  The only thing I miss is the ability to go back and see what updates happened when.  Otherwise, the announcements forum really wasn't being used.

Yeah, I'll be the first one to admit I rarely read the .com forums and even less the blog. Oh well. I thought it was a nice feature.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:57:23 am »

Prosper has a forum?

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:40:13 am »

What happens at BG's pre-con party stays at BG's pre-con party...  :ninja:  :ninja:

Sorry about the ambiguity of that sentence. It wasn't just the party that wasn't mentioned after the fact; not a single user commented on anything that happened at the whole Prosper Days event.  Either PD'08 was completely unremarkable, or TJ's comment is right on the money, or both.
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:46:14 am »

So now where, in the COM forums, can folks announce and chat about their local Meet-and-Greets? 

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:49:41 am »

Sorry about the ambiguity of that sentence. It wasn't just the party that wasn't mentioned after the fact; not a single user commented on anything that happened at the whole Prosper Days event.  Either PD'08 was completely unremarkable, or TJ's comment is right on the money, or both.
maybe all the (unapproved) posts were about the free .org lanyards people got
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're
Pages: [1]   Go Up