Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexplained Forum Obliterations (UFO's): Prosper Deleting Forum Threads  (Read 8105 times)

mothandrust

• View Profile

Are UFO's real?  Or just the imaginations of conspiracy-minded whackos?

Prosper has deleted two of my forum threads this past week; posts that had passed moderation, with no rational explanation given by the authorities.

I post on the .Com forums because I am trying to find a borrower who can get 5 bidding endorsements from work, family, friends, etc. and I need to be able to engage borrowers so that they are away that there is a $1200 bid from me and $1800 more from lenders who have indicated interest.

(1) To this end, I posted the provocative "Your friends aren't bidding on your listing, so why should I?" message on the .Com Borrowers Forum and found a few borrowers who agreed with me and others who expressed that no one they knew had $50, that they'd be embarrassed for family to know that they used credit cards, and we were having a nice, civilized discussion.

Then, a few days ago, the thread completely vanished.  There were about a dozen posts on it, but now it is gone--I am an eyewitness to this Unexplained Forum Obliteration (UFO).

(2) On the lender forum, I posted a message explaining how Prosper had improved its Default statistics by reclassifying the defaulted "legal test case" loans as "Repurchased".

Not surprisingly, this expository posting did not pass moderation.

So a few days later on the Lender Forum, I posted an innocuous message, saying that I follow AA loans on Prosper and that the Performance utility had been reporting 13 AA Defaults earlier in the week, but now shows only 11, and if anyone else had noticed that and knew why it was?

This time the moderator approved the post.

But today, the posting (and any replies?) is gone. 

My guess is that the moderator didn't know the answer but the deleter of the posting did.  Are there two moderators, a master and an apprentice?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:32:10 am by mothandrust »
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Cushie

• View Profile

I had the same thing happen way back in December and that's when I stopped posting (until I replied to Snittybee last week).  I don't even remember what I said but it was as innocent as could be.

I have a feeling a certain someone may be back from maternity leave.

HollowOak

• View Profile

Prosper has deleted two of my forum threads this past week; posts that had passed moderation, with no rational explanation given by the authorities.

"With no rational explanation given" begs several questions.

1. Did you request an explanation?

2. Did you perhaps receive an irrational explanation?

Anyway, perhaps now you too will realize the futility participating in a community subject to an invisible hand moderation policy.

The moderation policy on the forums is what finally drove me over the edge to withdraw from investing in Prosper. There is a fundamental dishonesty in how they manage the forums.
Old Stump
My blog

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile

Screenshot everything, and preserve here.  Prosper will delete anything they doesn't pass their Double Plus Good Speak Test.

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.

Mtnchick

• View Profile

Be sure to report this as a bug - I'm sure it's just a computer problem.

::)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile

Be sure to report this as a bug - I'm sure it's just a computer problem.

Probably the same one that deleted Epictetus' .com forums account.

cowdog

...There is a fundamental dishonesty in how they manage the forums.

I don't believe there can be a fundamental dishonesty in just one area; chances are the dishonesty really is fundamental and extends to other areas of the business as well.

gelt4u

• View Profile

I don't believe there can be a fundamental dishonesty in just one area; chances are the dishonesty really is fundamental and extends to other areas of the business as well.

you are lying   ;)

j9359

• View Profile
    • my blog

or incompetence ?

Mark12547

• View Profile

I thought we already knew that from:

1. Advertisements with misleading ROI numbers and doctored listings to show different rates than those specific listings received when funded,
2. The use of Experian's annualized default rates "for all bank card products" long after it was realized that lates and defaults were running 2 to 3 times higher than those numbers,
3. Default rates still being quoted to the press that are still way too low to reflect actual numbers (e.g., including loans in the denominator that could not have possibly defaulted yet because they aren't 4 months old yet),
4. Using lies and misrepresentation to ban the most active borrower/lender interaction site for social lending while still claiming a social connection helps the lending process and decrease default rates
5. Claiming responsibility for helping authorities spot a bank employee committing fraud and publicizing it, when in reality all Prosper did was turn information over to the authorities when requested to do so and thus didn't have any part in detecting that fraud,
6. Claiming to be thankful when lenders spot fraud, yet ignoring self-confessed attempts at fraud when pointed out to them through their established channels, and even banning members who post links to FBI news announcements about an indictment about loan fraud,
7. Claiming to be promoting transparency, but hiding the entire junk debt sales process,
8. Taking fees out under conditions when the Lender Agreement says they won't, and now increasing collections fees after telling us they wouldn't for loans that were with a former collection agency.

The handling of the forums doesn't appear to be any more dishonest than what I had observed in their handling of the other parts of their operation.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
Re: Unexplained Forum Obliterations (UFO's): Prosper Deleting Forum Threads
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 02:19:53 pm »

1. Advertisements with misleading ROI numbers and doctored listings to show different rates than those specific listings received when funded,
2. The use of Experian's annualized default rates "for all bank card products" long after it was realized that lates and defaults were running 2 to 3 times higher than those numbers,
3. Default rates still being quoted to the press that are still way too low to reflect actual numbers (e.g., including loans in the denominator that could not have possibly defaulted yet because they aren't 4 months old yet),
4. Using lies and misrepresentation to ban the most active borrower/lender interaction site for social lending while still claiming a social connection helps the lending process and decrease default rates
5. Claiming responsibility for helping authorities spot a bank employee committing fraud and publicizing it, when in reality all Prosper did was turn information over to the authorities when requested to do so and thus didn't have any part in detecting that fraud,
6. Claiming to be thankful when lenders spot fraud, yet ignoring self-confessed attempts at fraud when pointed out to them through their established channels, and even banning members who post links to FBI news announcements about an indictment about loan fraud,
7. Claiming to be promoting transparency, but hiding the entire junk debt sales process,
8. Taking fees out under conditions when the Lender Agreement says they won't, and now increasing collections fees after telling us they wouldn't for loans that were with a former collection agency.

The handling of the forums doesn't appear to be any more dishonest than what I had observed in their handling of the other parts of their operation.

This is how I've looked at it all along.  I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt back around the 3/30 debacle.  Instead, every new revelation seems to fit a pattern.

I don't mean they necessarily started out intending to be dishonest.  But they're sloppy with the truth, and that colors everything they do for me.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 02:21:33 pm »

This is how I've looked at it all along.  I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt back around the 3/30 debacle.  Instead, every new revelation seems to fit a pattern.

I don't mean they necessarily started out intending to be dishonest.  But they're sloppy with the truth, and that colors everything they do for me.

+1 for all the above posts
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 02:33:14 pm »

+1 for all the above posts

Absolutely correct.  But where's mhs505 to spread the Prosper party line???  ;D
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:26 pm »

Take a flying leap, Ira.

Btw, I think you are becoming obsessed.

edited to add -- is that better? 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:20:00 pm by mhs505 »

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Personal attacks aren't allowed in the public forum..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:57:45 pm by bamalucky »
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up