Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abreviations, terms, ect  (Read 6622 times)

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
Abreviations, terms, ect
« on: March 17, 2008, 02:34:08 pm »

Just thought a thread with the lingo used could be usefull. I dont have time right now to finish it but i thought i would get it going so i don't forget. I don't remember if there is a thread on this already or not if there is we can poof this thread.

JDB- Junk Debt Buyer
Snickers- 50 Dollar bid
IRC- http://chat.prospers.org/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi Place where members can chat live, also known for it's up rising of drama now and then.
Poof- Reference to when prosper started heavily moderating their forum and threads or post would just vanish. Later on the whole board vanished. Also used when we post and then decide it is not needed or is a bad call of judgement.
Deadbeat-A non paying borrower
Black Friday- Can someone help me with the date and a good defanition, And no not the stock market one. :)

Alright help me out, if you don't know what a term/abreviation means post. or you see something that needs added corrected post.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Abreviations, terms, ect
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:36:13 pm »

Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:17 pm »

Red faced- Solves that  :D

Rancidbeef

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:55:06 pm »

Ok, I've got one I can't find in the glossary.

What exactly is a "New Agency Test Loan"?  I only became aware of Prosper in January and I've seen much discussion about these loans, but haven't yet stumbled upon one that told me what they are and how they differ from other loans / repurchases / defaults.

Thanks!

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:00:49 pm »

What exactly is a "New Agency Test Loan"?  I only became aware of Prosper in January and I've seen much discussion about these loans, but haven't yet stumbled upon one that told me what they are and how they differ from other loans / repurchases / defaults.

Thanks!

New Agency Test Loan
poof (see below) thanks trav
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:18:43 pm by rilesemo »

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »

Thanks!

New Agency Test Loan
If im correct, this is a loan taken over by Amshar. It seamed as if the old collection agencies just were not making the grade. As most know collections is one of the biggest problems on prosper. So to some it up, it was a defaulted loan taken from the old agencies to be worked on by a "new agency"

Nope. It's one of the loans which have been assigned to a California law firm, which is supposed to be filing collection lawsuits against the borrowers.
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 01:25:25 am »

Verify. On Prosper, the usual meaning is that a borrower has a trusted Group Leader (or other trusted individual) review documentation, call employer, etc., to verify claims of the borrower. Typically employment, nature of delinquencies or public records, and/or claims of assets are verified. Then the GL reports back a summary of that information without compromising the borrower's identity. Vetting can help a borrower if it can be confirmed that the borrower's risk is lower than represented by "the numbers", but it can also hurt if the risk is shown to be higher.

Additions to Glossary:

FuTOS -- not sure if that's short for "Future" or the other possibility.

VBE: Verified Bidding Endorsement.  Example: A Group Leader (or other unrelated third-party) calls an endorser to confirm that he/she is the person who is the Prosper user who made the endorsement. 

In my opinion, a VBE should state the relationship, its duration, the amount bid, and the interest rate.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 01:30:06 am »

"Future TOS" . The term was coined in response to this post by prosper goldie
http://www.prosperreport.com/prosper/forums/archive/threads/2/9/3/29313.1.HTM#post358195

the thread had violated "future TOS"
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 02:02:42 am »

Verify. On Prosper, the usual meaning is that a borrower has a trusted Group Leader (or other trusted individual) review documentation, call employer, etc., to verify claims of the borrower. Typically employment, nature of delinquencies or public records, and/or claims of assets are verified. Then the GL reports back a summary of that information without compromising the borrower's identity. Vetting can help a borrower if it can be confirmed that the borrower's risk is lower than represented by "the numbers", but it can also hurt if the risk is shown to be higher.

Additions to Glossary:

VBE: Verified Bidding Endorsement.  Example: A Group Leader (or other unrelated third-party) calls an endorser to confirm that he/she is the person who is the Prosper user who made the endorsement. 

In my opinion, a VBE should state the relationship, its duration, the amount bid, and the interest rate.

The glossary is a wiki -- anyone can make changes/additions to it. 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

Ah...well, having sat on a few boards of directors I have learned not to go futzing with things that affect a community that wind up being controversial.

If nobody has a problem with the VBE definition then I'll make the change next week.

"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 10:06:51 am »

Ah...well, having sat on a few boards of directors I have learned not to go futzing with things that affect a community that wind up being controversial.

If nobody has a problem with the VBE definition then I'll make the change next week.

If your doing one...therea few that can be added.  ;) If someone sees something they dont like they will change it or let you know.

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:22:27 pm »

Nothing on that wiki is Gospel, so feel free to adjust any definition (or add to one) as you see fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up