Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DarkStar  (Read 9370 times)

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
DarkStar
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:57:17 pm »

Man, I must be crazy. I've been reading for days now and I'm still willing to lend on Prosper.

On to the details...

What is your experience in P2P lending?
None so far. Oh, I've loaned small sums to friends when they needed it but I've never done anything like Prosper before.

How did you end up at Prospers.org?
Google. I'd seen comments elsewhere about changes at Prosper so I did a search and ended up here. I decided to join because I wanted to see what people REALLY thought. I have nothing against moderated forums, but I don't think I'll find many unbiased opinions on the .com forums.

Where to do you live?
In a house. Okay, I'm in PA. More than that you don't need to know.

What do you do?
I'm in retail. It sucks, but it helps pay the bills and allows me to have a life outside of work.

Other investing experience?
Not much. Managing 401k's for me and my wife is about it.

Other hobbies?
Photography, being a homeowner. What do you mean, that's not a hobby? It is the way I do it.

Anyway, um, hi.

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
Re: DarkStar
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:02:36 pm »

Hello and welcome. You will get more then just people opinions on prosper  ;)

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »

Welcome aboard DarkStar.  This is an interesting place.  Lenders who actively lend, and ex-lenders who will never lend again rub shoulders here, sometimes fractuously.  But we need both types to have a complete picture.  :)

hoosier500

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:51 pm »

CSN and/or Y?
Rah Rah Maconaquah!

DakotahFury

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:28:09 pm »

Greetings and salutations...  :)
I must congratulate you on making a good effort on getting educated on the whole Prosper-thing before investing. Even if you don't make any money at it...it is certainly a priceless education on human-nature and the realities of the credit-market. Good luck!
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

Caladia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:40:11 pm »

Welcome Darkstar!

Actually, I think you found Prosper at the right time.  The issues that made things so difficult for earlier lenders (mostly, a lack of information) are being addressed.  New lenders have a better chance of doing well on Prosper than those who started two years ago.  Plus, you get to start with a clean slate; Prosper has learned from previous missteps in customer service and dealing with lenders, and will (we hope) be more careful in its treatment of the newer generation of customers. 

Good luck with your lending!

:)

Accept the ease with which it can be done.

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:18:55 pm »

Hello and welcome. You will get more then just people opinions on prosper  ;)
Thank you!

Welcome aboard DarkStar.  This is an interesting place.  Lenders who actively lend, and ex-lenders who will never lend again rub shoulders here, sometimes fractuously.  But we need both types to have a complete picture.  :)
Thank you! I hope I can eventually contribute something useful.

CSN and/or Y?
What, the "In a house" line? While I do enjoy CSN with or without Y that mainly came from the fact that I can be a sarcastic SOB at times. I try not to be a nasty one, however.

Greetings and salutations...  :)
I must congratulate you on making a good effort on getting educated on the whole Prosper-thing before investing. Even if you don't make any money at it...it is certainly a priceless education on human-nature and the realities of the credit-market. Good luck!
Thank you! Just reading back has been quite - fascinating. And I'm definitely getting an education.

Welcome Darkstar!

Actually, I think you found Prosper at the right time.  The issues that made things so difficult for earlier lenders (mostly, a lack of information) are being addressed.  New lenders have a better chance of doing well on Prosper than those who started two years ago.  Plus, you get to start with a clean slate; Prosper has learned from previous missteps in customer service and dealing with lenders, and will (we hope) be more careful in its treatment of the newer generation of customers. 

Thank you! To be honest I don't expect to get rich off Prosper, but with a little due dilligence I hope to get a decent ROI. No investment is without risk, however...

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:28:21 am »

Welcome Darkstar!

This is true. Welcome to .ORG Darkstar. One thing is for sure, Prosper is better for us newbies than it was for those who joined 6 months or more ago. Good luck in your endeavors.

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:31:38 pm »

Welcome Darkstar!

This is true. Welcome to .ORG Darkstar. One thing is for sure, Prosper is better for us newbies than it was for those who joined 6 months or more ago. Good luck in your endeavors.
Thank you!

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 06:10:23 pm »

CSN and/or Y?

You know, sometimes I'm incredibly slow on the uptake. DarkStar, duh!

So yes, partly CSN, but mainly the John Carpenter movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069945/

D'oh!

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:24:05 pm »

CSN and/or Y?
What, the "In a house" line? While I do enjoy CSN with or without Y that mainly came from the fact that I can be a sarcastic SOB at times. I try not to be a nasty one, however.

Oh, we need more sarcastic people here.  We don't have nearly enough.  ;D

Welcome aboard!

hanumanhojo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:04:56 pm »

Why the name DarkStar?  Were you part of the Stormkeepers faction on Starsiege?

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:38 am »

CSNY?  Starseige?

First thought I had was : Grateful Dead

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 06:09:42 pm »

Oh, we need more sarcastic people here.  We don't have nearly enough.  ;D

I've noticed!  ;D

JoeyTurks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 06:13:15 pm »

Sorry. I'm not familiar with Starsiege. I use Dark Star because I love the bad sci-fi movie by John Carpenter.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069945/
Pages: [1]   Go Up