Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloomberg Article - Overdue Consumer Debts Highest Since 1992, ABA Says  (Read 2243 times)

zcommodore

• View Profile

I thought the following sentence in the 4th paragraph was interesting:
Delinquencies are a lagging indicator that often doesn't peak until late in an economic slowdown.
Does that mean the economic slowdown may actually be ending soon?

snake

• View Profile

I thought the following sentence in the 4th paragraph was interesting:
Delinquencies are a lagging indicator that often doesn't peak until late in an economic slowdown.
Does that mean the economic slowdown may actually be ending soon?

not necessarily, since there is no indication that delinquencies have peaked. If one were to use Prosper as an early indicator, one can surmise that delinquencies will only continue to rise for the forceable future.

in manhattan, one good proxy for measuring employment activity is to use subway traffic. I knew that the country was in a recession when I could start getting seats on the subway during the morning commute.

Senator

• View Profile

I knew the economy was in recession when I could get same day therapeutic massage appointments.

I live in California.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009
Pages: [1]   Go Up