Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why no Jwitchel bid on Islandmele's Loan?  (Read 13171 times)

Caladia

• View Profile
Why no Jwitchel bid on Islandmele's Loan?
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:57:04 pm »

He bid $500 at 5.54% on Andrew's loan; why isn't he throwing in at least a token $50 on Islandmele's?  After all she's done and continues to do for Prosper, it seems like it would be a nice gesture.

Accept the ease with which it can be done.

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
Re: Why no Jwitchel bid on Islandmele's Loan?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:02:11 pm »

I don't think it's fair to expect him to bid on it.  The guy is (presumably) busy, she'll fund at a superlow rate with or without him, and he's lent  a reasonable amount of money through the platform.  (one would like to see him lend more, as a vote of confidence, but it's his money...)

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:05:03 pm »

He reads the three word story thread?
 ;)
The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »

My guess would be that the rate probably dropped before he got the opportunity to get a bid in.  By now it's probably below his threshold.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:55:29 pm »

no linkie?

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:00:18 pm »

wow, debtconquerer on it for $1,500

and DonGiovanni on it for 20 bids of $256.37 (except one for $128.97 - must have been a typo)

http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=301325

Caladia

• View Profile
Accept the ease with which it can be done.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:02 pm »

I'm in at 1% and secretly hoping it wont go that low. I just hope Prosper stays in business long enough for us to collect.

I have a few dollars left, for a few more of you select people.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:59:41 pm »

He bid $500 at 5.54% on Andrew's loan; why isn't he throwing in at least a token $50 on Islandmele's?  After all she's done and continues to do for Prosper, it seems like it would be a nice gesture.

Hi Caladia,

Normally, I count on you to be common-sense/voice-of-reason-y, but, I don't really understand why the above is your ("our") concern?
As TJ begins to point out, there are a number of possible explanations - but I'd point out simply that it's none of our business or money.

(I wanted to just post:  "What are you, his mom?" - but wasn't sure it'd be taken quite the right way without a little bit of explanation.)

:)

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 12:14:50 am »

What are you, his mom?

Well, she just recently got carded, so...

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 12:23:11 am »

it's because bama didnt offer to go away if this listing funded
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

NPX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 12:51:58 am »

wow, debtconquerer on it for $1,500

and DonGiovanni on it for 20 bids of $256.37 (except one for $128.97 - must have been a typo)

http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=301325

After being bid off for $5K.  Joined last month, from DC, no bids until now.  I wonder if DonG hops?

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 01:22:02 am »

Hi Caladia,

Normally, I count on you to be common-sense/voice-of-reason-y, but, I don't really understand why the above is your ("our") concern?
As TJ begins to point out, there are a number of possible explanations - but I'd point out simply that it's none of our business or money.

(I wanted to just post:  "What are you, his mom?" - but wasn't sure it'd be taken quite the right way without a little bit of explanation.)

-t

Actually, it is our business.  JWitchel's bids are not only symbolic of his confidence/support for Prosper.com itself, but also of his willingness to support those who support Prosper.com.

Not putting even just a token bid on a loan for a person that has done so much to support Prosper.com is a bad PR move since it can be interpreted as a lack of gratitude.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 02:14:41 am »

Hi Caladia,

-t

Actually, it is our business.  JWitchel's bids are not only symbolic of his confidence/support for Prosper.com itself, but also of his willingness to support those who support Prosper.com.

If this is the lense through which you wish to view his bidding activity, you're free to do so.  However, it's a lense of your own creation.

Not putting even just a token bid on a loan for a person that has done so much to support Prosper.com is a bad PR move since it can be interpreted as a lack of gratitude.

If no bid is placed, someone who thought that it was "their" business would complain about how he's being "ungrateful" to the borrower.
If a "token" bid were placed, someone who thought that it was "their" business would complain about the bid being merely a "token" bid.
If a "non-token" bid were placed, someone who thought that it was "their" business would complain about the bid being "compensation".
(Then, of course, there would be a class-warfare side-fight between the camps who disagree about what constitutes a "token" amount.)

Who needs to argue about it?  As you say, it's a matter of interpretation.  The polite thing to do is keep your interpretation to yourself.

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:04:58 am »

I have been a long time supporter of Prosper; none of the "BIG WIGS" bid my loan. I didn't take it personally. In fact, I was warmed knowing so many "little people" thought enough of me to give support. I choose to think that Witchel did not bid Mele's loan because additional support was not needed.

Sometimes we forget, even though Prosper is the brainchild of Larsen and Witchel, it is still a relatively NEW idea. We're talking about a brand new venture where it is impossible to know every single little thing expected from the members. It is not feasible to please "all the people all the time."

We spend so much time knitpicking minutia, big issues like those in the sekrit room get pushed under the rug. Are we so miserable that every single decision made by any Prosper employee has to be challenged? 

People in these forums need to RELAX, RELENT and LET GO. Now that we know everything, it should be a piece of cake making obscene money in the future.

" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up