Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refugee from the heavily moderate boards  (Read 4612 times)

specialev

• View Profile
    • KEXP
Refugee from the heavily moderate boards
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:50 pm »

What is your experience in P2P lending?

I've been lending on prosper since February 2007 and plan to continue to do so for the forseeable future.  I am working hard to save money now as I am interested in getting into private mortgage investing in the next few years.  I would likely have to take out a HELOC loan to get into that and as I don't have 20% equity in my house yet, there wouldn't be much point.  I want to continue this P2P lending scheme, but I would prefer to secure my money with property as opposed to nothing. 

How did you end up at Prospers.org?

I came here after realizing how heavily moderated the coroporate prosper forum is.  I realized there must be something better. 

Where do you live?

Seattle

What do you do? 

Liaison Engineer at the Boeing company

Other Hobbies?

I've been an avid snowboarder since switching over from skiing when I was an adolescent 14 years ago.  Home improvement and automobiles also interest me.  I am now trying to get into sailing.  I am going on a short vacation in the next few days to sail a boat to Everett Wa from San Pedro Ca.  Not my boat, but one belonging to a more affluent fellow looking for a deckhand.       

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
Re: Refugee from the heavily moderate boards
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:00:51 pm »

Welcome aboard.  It is what it is.  Some of the most brilliant minds of things Prosper are inside these humble walls...  I'm not one of them, I mostly provide "color"  :)

Navy-slush-fund

• Tubing on the St. Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:17 pm »

Why are you putting funds into 3 year unsecured loans when you could be saving them to do your secured loan thing ?

specialev

• View Profile
    • KEXP
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »

Why are you putting funds into 3 year unsecured loans when you could be saving them to do your secured loan thing ?

Good question.  I won't really be able to get into that for another two-three years anyways.  I don't want to go 100% into dumping my spare money into my mortgage.  I would like to try a few different investment schemes in the meantime.  I don't have more than $1000 invested in loans there right now, and I am now even questioning that after reading more on these boards. 

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 07:28:34 pm »

Welcome!

Enjoy San Pedro.  I live in the next town over.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

BrassKnuckles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:42:57 pm »

I've been an avid snowboarder since switching over from skiing ...     

tsk tsk, two planks and a pair of twigs is where it is at man!  see you at Alta! oh wait...
Pages: [1]   Go Up