Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blast from the past - JessM  (Read 14409 times)

lhsbandnurd

• View Profile
Re: Blast from the past - JessM
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:52 am »

So the mom sucked it up and started paying on the loan her daughter (allegedly) took out? Or are you saying someone else is paying it?
*The opinions expressed by lhsbandnurd may not represent the opinions held by lhsbandnurd or its subsidiaries.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 09:34:49 am »

So the mom sucked it up and started paying on the loan her daughter (allegedly) took out? Or are you saying someone else is paying it?

Or the possibility Prosper has been paying it simply because of Anton's statements while the auction was still up.  (it went really late for a while)  Oh, and hope that Prosper keeps paying it after they go BK.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 12:36:23 pm »

Or the possibility Prosper has been paying it simply because of Anton's statements while the auction was still up.  (it went really late for a while)  Oh, and hope that Prosper keeps paying it after they go BK.

I doubt this.  If Prosper were going to be paying, it would have simply repurchased the loan (as it did for dozens of other loans, although none recently).  That way, it wouldn't have to pay any interest.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »

I doubt this.  If Prosper were going to be paying, it would have simply repurchased the loan (as it did for dozens of other loans, although none recently).  That way, it wouldn't have to pay any interest.

But that would require them to publicly admit that Anton was wrong and pretty much lied.  It may be worth the interest payment to keep that covered up.

Oh, and yes, this is all nutso conspiracy theory.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:36 pm »

Maybe a car dealer is paying it.   :ninja:

ETA: Read the last comment 10/08/2008

http://prosperlending.blogspot.com/2007/06/prosper-scam-story-of-jessica-wolcott.html

LOL!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:19:18 pm by JammingJAY »
The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:22 pm »

I don't think CL lied about this.  I simply think that Prosper's in-house fraud detection methods were insufficient.  I also think Prosper made a big mistake by ignoring the dimension of information being provided by dozens of people sniffing around for indications of dishonesty in listings.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 03:29:07 pm »

A few good bangs, a cry on the shoulder.  I see no reason she couldn't have filled up a bank account with funds to keep her butt out of jail on a 2ndary instance.

So folks.  What do you think Jessica Wolcott's job opportunities are after she exits the slammer.  I predict she gets out early on good behavior.
Lobby permission granted

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 04:35:46 pm »

I predict she gets out early on good behavior.

I predict her rap sheet gets longer.

moneytree4172

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 04:47:40 pm »

A few good bangs, a cry on the shoulder.  I see no reason she couldn't have filled up a bank account with funds to keep her butt out of jail on a 2ndary instance.

So folks.  What do you think Jessica Wolcott's job opportunities are after she exits the slammer.  I predict she gets out early on good behavior.

I don't think Jessica's rap sheet/conviction record would have any effect upon her chances of being employed within her field of expertise.
Confusion not only reigns, it pours.

CleanRivers

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 05:06:46 pm »

I don't think Jessica's rap sheet/conviction record would have any effect upon her chances of being employed within her field of expertise.

+1

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 05:46:33 pm »

I don't think CL lied about this.  I simply think that Prosper's in-house fraud detection methods were insufficient.  I also think Prosper made a big mistake by ignoring the dimension of information being provided by dozens of people sniffing around for indications of dishonesty in listings.

I agree, although I also think that in general Prosper just didn't investigate fraud very hard -- and it didn't WANT to investigate very hard, because it really wasn't interested in discovering fraud (especially after a loan originated, since then it would have to repurchase the loan under its so-called "100% ID-theft guarantee).  I see a lot of parallels between Prosper and GWB and the WMD's -- I don't believe GWB "lied" about the WMD's -- he (and his Administration) just didn't investigate very hard (and tended to ignore red flags), because he didn't WANT to find evidence that there weren't any WMD's in Iraq, because that wasn't in his interest (which was invading Iraq). 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

FANAFI

• View Profile
    • The FANAFI Foundation
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 05:37:29 pm »

+1

I predict revenge will be hot on her checklist. I'm now packin' heat just in case (you should too)! Merry Xmas JessM... Ho, Ho, Ho!

GeorgeM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »

Just FYI; the loan is still current as of 12/12/2008

GeorgeM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 06:03:54 pm »

And here's a christmas card worth sending
(NSFW or I'd embed the graphic)

http://www.iheartchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ho-ho-hos.jpg