Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big surge in Prosper late loans  (Read 1949 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Big surge in Prosper late loans
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:45:05 pm »

I watch this page fairly close http://www.lendingstats.com/loansFunded
& theres been a huge surge in lates .Nov 2007 was around 2% last week.Now it's jumped over 4% DQ already.Every month since PMI was open to the public March 06-June 07 is over 20% DQ now.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

droolingelmo

• Before my tan
    • View Profile
Re: Big surge in Prosper late loans
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:20:25 pm »

And looking forward, we should see a doubling from 4% to 8% next month based on your link.

Several of the people I brought in as temps to do landscape and field work said something along the lines of:  If you want to walk away from your car payments now is a good time to do it.  You can just blame it on the sub-prime problem. but not one could tell me a thing about what sub-prime was except that it was where the banks took advantage of people through their mortgages. 

Alexander Tyler (1787) "As for survival of a democracy, history shows two hundred years is its estimated average length. You see, once the majority discovers they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury, that democracy is destined to collapse due to loose fiscal policy."

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
Re: Big surge in Prosper late loans
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:29:42 pm »

And looking forward, we should see a doubling from 4% to 8% next month based on your link.

Several of the people I brought in as temps to do landscape and field work said something along the lines of:  If you want to walk away from your car payments now is a good time to do it.  You can just blame it on the sub-prime problem. but not one could tell me a thing about what sub-prime was except that it was where the banks took advantage of people through their mortgages. 

Makes my average credit look great compared to people just dumping their obligations. Of course my credit is young. There is no blemishes and i have time on my side. As for these lates. Old loans going sour is more heart breaking then anything. All my lates are form loan at the end of my lending cycle. I was really picky in the beginning, wish i stuck to that, instead of greed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up