Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Lenders Retain Legal Counsel  (Read 93134 times)

xraider

• View Profile
Re: Prosper Lenders Retain Legal Counsel
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2008, 10:41:18 pm »

Gog, legal action is slow.  Sorry. 

Just ask Prosper, with the NAT lawsuits, now at 8 months from Prosper posting about doing it (and one can only imagine how long Prosper considered doing it before posting), and counting.

We'll do much better.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Gogmagog

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:31 pm »

Just ask Prosper, with the NAT lawsuits, now at 8 months from Prosper posting about doing it (and one can only imagine how long Prosper considered doing it before posting), and counting.

We'll do much better.
mtnchick will have withdrawn all of her money by then.  When she is still here bitching about Prosper, it will just look silly.  :P

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2008, 01:04:42 am »

You expect a lot from a slightly older than 3 company trying something new.  E-Bay still doesn't have that fraud thing licked...  How unprofessional of them. 

At least E-Bay doesn't have 30% of their transactions resulting in the buyer getting stiffed (as it appears that Prosper does).  If it did, E-Bay would have been out of business long, long ago.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Gogmagog

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2008, 01:24:31 am »

You expect a lot from a slightly older than 3 company trying something new.  E-Bay still doesn't have that fraud thing licked...  How unprofessional of them. 
At least E-Bay doesn't have 30% of their transactions resulting in the buyer getting stiffed (as it appears that Prosper does).  If it did, E-Bay would have been out of business long, long ago.
How do you get 30%? 

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2008, 01:26:44 am »

How do you get 30%? 

http://www.prospers.org/forum/fred93_blog_080108_late_loan_stats_update-t8697.0.html

CleanRivers

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2008, 03:33:47 am »

And Gog, when I was bidding it was long before I realized P-----r's completely and total lack of following their own business model. As you may have noticed, I no longer bid. :) I actually believed them when they said they had a collections agency working for them and I actually thought a company would VERIFY a customer claiming BK. You know, like a normal successful company would do.  :D :D :D

+1.

I trusted their verification process was similar to every other lender in the US. Why did I think this? I have taken loans out before, once with Quicken an internet based Loan Company. I had to get a notary to verify my identity before I faxed them back the paper work for getting a Loan. More importantly to me at the time was the identity theft guarantee they made. I actually thought they would attempt to ensure they would not have to pay out by Identifying who was actually asking for the loan, my mistake. I guess they did ensure that they would not have to pay out on identity theft. If it was not for that guarantee I actually would not have put money in the system. I would have taken that $500 bucks and spent it on myself.

I trusted the 5 star group rating system that they had. You will note many of my loans were for a specific group, my mistake.

I believed their quoted default rates were actually true. I followed their advice, bid at a percentage equal to what I wanted to earn plus the default rate for that credit grade, my mistake.

I thought collections would be handled better and there would be law suits chasing after the dead beats. There was a period in my life when I did not handle money very well, and I ran into this. Straightened up my act real quick, my mistake.

I knew there were risks to lending and if I was losing money and the majority of prosper lenders were not, I would definitely know it was entirely my fault. I admit I am not a financial wiz, let alone a financial professional. But even Financial Professionals got their ass handed to them. The majority of lenders with more then a few loans and loans greater then 3 months old, are losing or are starting to lose money.

I actually feel like Prosper stole my money. Oh they did not directly steal it no. They just CHARGED me so someone else could steal my money.

Oak_Hill_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2008, 06:42:24 am »

+1 - Well said CleanR
It would be easier to teach a chicken to tap dance than it would be to teach PROSPER common sense.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2008, 07:03:21 am »

We'll do much better.
mtnchick will have withdrawn all of her money by then.  When she is still here bitching about Prosper, it will just look silly.  :P

I can't withdraw money that has already defaulted, lol.  ;D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:02 am »

I notice Gog didn't reply anymore when provided with the 30% link.

He either passed out or got tired of being shown facts.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:55 am »

He was actually posting in this thread after my post; when I came back about 15 minutes later to see what he said, I saw that he must have changed his mind, since there was no post.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2008, 12:13:58 pm »

He could have other things to do with his time. 

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

As I clearly stated above, he WAS POSTING in this thread.  Then he apparently decided not to after having started.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2008, 02:00:30 pm »

As I clearly stated above, he WAS POSTING in this thread.  Then he apparently decided not to after having started.

Yes, people can choose to stop responding when they feel they are going around in circles.  That is another possibility.   

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2008, 02:23:01 pm »

Yes, people can choose to stop responding when they feel they are going around in circles.  That is another possibility. 

Like now?  :ninja:

Gogmagog

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2008, 02:23:57 am »

I use tabbed browsing, so I had another thread queued up to read.  I moved on, then went to bed.  :) 

I have long held that that graph shows nothing of any importance.  Any graph that lumps AA and HR in the same batch, is useful only as trivia.  Also, counting number of loans as a single group is useless as a metric, since the credit grade distribution and expected default rate is different. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up