Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred93 blog 07/28/08 - collections - you have forsaken lenders  (Read 6914 times)

Fred93

• View Profile

http://www.prospers.org/blogs/Fred93/2008/07/26/prosper_com_collections_you_have_forsake
A discussion of the sad state of Prosper collections.

Here's one of the highlights:

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Fred93 blog 07/28/08 - collections - you have forsaken lenders
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:32:08 am »

It's like a nightmare that never ends............ :ninja:
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 03:50:45 pm »

Bleah.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 10:41:07 pm »

The lesson here is that if you're being manipulated, forced, or tricked into doing something, that "something" is rarely going to work out for your benefit. 

How many lenders posted here drivel like, "Let's give Amsher a chance" and "It can't be any worse than Penncro" and "They can have 17% if they can get a payment" and "Well, I didn't like the way they went about it, but..."

Someone who doesn't respect your freedom to choose and past agreements isn't going to respect anything about you; he is not your friend and you are a fool to believe his promises.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:56:31 pm »

The lesson here is that if you're being manipulated, forced, or tricked into doing something, that "something" is rarely going to work out for your benefit. 

How many lenders posted here drivel like, "Let's give Amsher a chance" and "It can't be any worse than Penncro" and "They can have 17% if they can get a payment" and "Well, I didn't like the way they went about it, but..."

Someone who doesn't respect your freedom to choose and past agreements isn't going to respect anything about you; he is not your friend and you are a fool to believe his promises.

+1.  I seem to recall posting at the time that Prosper had no legal right to decide to switch agencies on already originated loans, and that Prosper should only have done so on a going forward basis.  A lot of people responded that it would be good for lenders, and that at least Prosper was doing something good for lenders for a change.  It seems to me that Prosper now owes lenders collectively the difference between Penncro's numbers and AmSher's numbers.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

bankomatic

• Tyrant and Slave Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:19:31 am »

Before we get super angry at how poor the collections are, I think we have to compare these results to results of other collections agencies on similar loans that originiated in a similar way (P2P lending). I am not sure if such numbers exist, but may be this 6.5% cure rate is all there is to get. I suspect that a lot of the defaulters probably feel easier on defaulting to a bunch of strangers who have no power to persue them vs a big bank who they may think might have the capability to harass them endlessly.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 12:44:23 pm »

Before we get super angry at how poor the collections are, I think we have to compare these results to results of other collections agencies on similar loans that originiated in a similar way (P2P lending). I am not sure if such numbers exist, but may be this 6.5% cure rate is all there is to get.

Read my blog.  Penncro did better.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:00:27 pm »

Anybody see a hint of a correlation between the Amshere's red line and a Dow Jones Industrial Average chart - especially June's drop-off?

Or is it just me?

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:28:48 pm »

Just recieved a note from Doug Fuller.  He tells me "we found one fairly significant bug in how the
agency interface was feeding back to the stats accumulation".  Also says they are continuing to look for another bug, but gave no details about that.  You will note that the collections numbers displayed on the web site this morning have taken a jump up. 

I believe this means that the collection data from prosper that I've been tracking has all been faulty, and the curves generated from same are also faulty.

I'm going to ask whether this bug applies only to the interface with Amsher, or whether the Penncro data was also fouled by the same problem.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 02:33:49 pm »

I hope there is a public announcement on the part of prosper.

you're

DakotahFury

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »

You would think that such a high-vis statistic would have undergone intense scrutiny prior to this. What a convenient bug...
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 02:40:04 pm »

I hope there is a public announcement on the part of prosper.

If recent history is any indication, this sort of announcement would come late on a Friday.
BTW, today is Friday.   ;)

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »

I'm glad to see that Doug Fuller is reading and replying, even if not to everything we would like.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:33 pm »

I'm glad to see that Doug Fuller is reading and replying, even if not to everything we would like.
+1, and another +1 for the good faith effort for trying to do something about fred's concerns

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:55 pm »

Just recieved a note from Doug Fuller.  He tells me "we found one fairly significant bug in how the
agency interface was feeding back to the stats accumulation".  Also says they are continuing to look for another bug, but gave no details about that.  You will note that the collections numbers displayed on the web site this morning have taken a jump up. 

I believe this means that the collection data from prosper that I've been tracking has all been faulty, and the curves generated from same are also faulty.

I'm going to ask whether this bug applies only to the interface with Amsher, or whether the Penncro data was also fouled by the same problem.

If the "jump up" is large, I hope there is a way to verify to see if they reflect reality, or are just more Prosper wishful accounting. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up