Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Knew this Place Existent  (Read 9288 times)

Profound

• View Profile
I Knew this Place Existent
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:11:17 am »

I was hearing about peer to peer lending on the news and NPR and I had a few grand ready to invest in something. I was thinking of investing in one of the surviving banks like Bank of America but they might fall even more. Or in currency, but peer to peer seemed like something that I understood.

I Googled terms like peer to peer lending reviews or "I hate" this or that none of it showed anything. It wasnt until i went to Prosper's forum and found someone that mentioned a 3rd party forum that I hit the right key words, "Prosper Forums", and found an answer to some ones question on Yahoo answers that was very long and detailed and some what angry. Which then led me to here.  :o

And am happy, I knew it was too good to be true. I thought that they were lying about the interest rates. I didn't know they would actually lie about the number of default loans that they had, or exaggerate. They way they had it with like %6 of loans going bad with grade A credit I thought it would be nearly impossible for me to get defaults on my lending if i was conservative.

I knew something smelled fishy so i was only going to test it out with $300 and see if I get it back then put in my max $3K and get a nice return. I was coming up with all these great ways of being conservative and careful,  like not biding on loans more then $5,000 and not biding more then $50 so i stay diverse. But since reading this stuff i realize that Prosper is not the best place for me since I am working class and $3000 is a amount that i can spare but I would be pretty depressed if I just gave it to some random dude's bad coke and hooker habits.

So basically I am not ever going to put any of my money in that trap. I might one day borrow money from there but i am terrified of lending there, rather just put it all on black ( I live near Atlantic City).

But yeah thank you guys you save me allot of grief and about 1/5 of my savings.

Can some one tell where to find a finical adviser that isn't unemployed????

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: I Knew this Place Existent
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:18:40 am »

welcome !
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:28:44 am »

I was hearing about peer to peer lending on the news and NPR and I had a few grand ready to invest in something. I was thinking of investing in one of the surviving banks like Bank of America but they might fall even more. Or in currency, but peer to peer seemed like something that I understood.

I Googled terms like peer to peer lending reviews or "I hate" this or that none of it showed anything. It wasnt until i went to Prosper's forum and found someone that mentioned a 3rd party forum that I hit the right key words, "Prosper Forums", and found an answer to some ones question on Yahoo answers that was very long and detailed and some what angry. Which then led me to here.  :o

And am happy, I knew it was too good to be true. I thought that they were lying about the interest rates. I didn't know they would actually lie about the number of default loans that they had, or exaggerate. They way they had it with like %6 of loans going bad with grade A credit I thought it would be nearly impossible for me to get defaults on my lending if i was conservative.

I knew something smelled fishy so i was only going to test it out with $300 and see if I get it back then put in my max $3K and get a nice return. I was coming up with all these great ways of being conservative and careful,  like not biding on loans more then $5,000 and not biding more then $50 so i stay diverse. But since reading this stuff i realize that Prosper is not the best place for me since I am working class and $3000 is a amount that i can spare but I would be pretty depressed if I just gave it to some random dude's bad coke and hooker habits.

So basically I am not ever going to put any of my money in that trap. I might one day borrow money from there but i am terrified of lending there, rather just put it all on black ( I live near Atlantic City).

You got all that within the hour after you joined?   

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:34:04 am by mhs505 »

Profound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:33:31 am »

You got all that within the hour after you joined?   

Well that and this..............

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080306195257AAnMn5n

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:09:36 am »

Welcome
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ira01

• View Profile

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:34:17 pm »

Happy to have you here.  Even though you won't be lending, feel free to stick around here on Org.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:12:14 pm »

Happy to have you here.  Even though you won't be lending, feel free to stick around here on Org.

Yep, if you're not lending, you'll fit in just fine :)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Profound

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:36 pm »

Well that and this..............

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080306195257AAnMn5n

;D

LOL were you the one who wrote this....thanks if so you save me my cuss word jar money

christoofar215

• YO. LIKE MY FRO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 04:00:24 pm »

You live in Philadelphia?

I do, too.   I'm an hour from AC.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »

Profound

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 12:38:31 am »

You live in Philadelphia?

I do, too.   I'm an hour from AC.

No i live like 15 minutes from AC, in Jersey.

1toolman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:57:10 am »

You do not need to brown nose all of these crusty forum jockeys to fit in.  Besides, you can average 35% on Prosper!
I'm gonna get rich and retire just from loaning out money on Prosper!  29%!
Pages: [1]   Go Up