Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Make A Payment On Loan  (Read 13384 times)

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
Cannot Make A Payment On Loan
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:05 am »

I must be missing the obvious......

I'm trying to make a payment on my loan......NOT a monthly payment....just to pay it down.
It seems that I can only make the next monthly payment...and make an additional payment to the monthly payment.
So, my monthly payment is $123.51....and it won't accept less.

Well, there goes my weekly payments......

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Cannot Make A Payment On Loan
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 10:30:59 am »

I'm trying to make a payment on my loan......NOT a monthly payment....just to pay it down.
It seems that I can only make the next monthly payment...and make an additional payment to the monthly payment.

Prosper -1.0 is looking better all the time.  :ninja:
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:33:05 am »

Nominate for lobby.

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 10:35:20 am »

I'm sure that "making extra payments" came in last on their survey of features most important to their customers (the borrowers).

(or maybe it tied for last with "transferring money out")

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:47:22 am »

You appear to be completely correct.  I can make my May payment for the usual amount ($72, rounded up) or I can make a payment of two months for $144 or three months ahead.  I can add extra principal.  But I can't just make a payment for, say $10 or $100. 

That sucks.

ETA: Sent a message to support to ask.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:49:10 am by Cushie »

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:50:30 am »

Prosper -1.0 is looking better all the time.  :ninja:
Sadly, this is true

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:11 am »

Went ahead and called Prosperwhatever2.0.  On hold now - lot of guitar strumming music.

Talking to Cameron (nice guy) - they made changes, he's looking at my account.  To do just an extra $25 payment he would need to enter it.  They had problems with people making too much of a payment or paying the whole thing off (loan) and they'd have to back the payment out and it caused problems for all involved (if I'm understanding correctly).

Nutshell: Can not make an extra payment on my account online unless I include my next monthly payment.  P2.0 can take an extra payment if I call it in.  

FWIW.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:58:48 am »

Went ahead and called Prosperwhatever2.0.  On hold now - lot of guitar strumming music.

Talking to Cameron (nice guy) - they made changes, he's looking at my account.  To do just an extra $25 payment he would need to enter it.  They had problems with people making too much of a payment or paying the whole thing off (loan) and they'd have to back the payment out and it caused problems for all involved (if I'm understanding correctly).

Nutshell: Can not make an extra payment on my account online unless I include my next monthly payment.  P2.0 can take an extra payment if I call it in.  

FWIW.

Heh - they haven't figured out how to handle "Addtional Principal" payments yet?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:51 am »

Apparently not.  Well, if you want to make your next payment, sure, but if you just want to throw in some amount to pay down your loan, no.  Frustrating.

I also had to laugh that they had problems with people accidentally paying their whole loan off.  Stats don't agree with that.   

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 11:11:27 am »

Apparently not.  Well, if you want to make your next payment, sure, but if you just want to throw in some amount to pay down your loan, no.  Frustrating.

I also had to laugh that they had problems with people accidentally paying their whole loan off.  Stats don't agree with that.   

True, although I have indeed seen examples of over-payment, where we have ended up with a negative loan-balance.  That,  in my view, is the LEAST of Prosper's problems...
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 11:37:42 am »

Written confirmation of what's discussed above:

Prosper has recently made some changes to the payment options.  In order to make an extra payment to your loan, you must first schedule a regular payment.  In order to make a payment click on My Account > Borrowing > Make payment, then you’ll see a box to type in an amount for the “Additional principal” payment.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is 00xxxxx.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:06 am »

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 12:10:59 pm »

You appear to be completely correct.  I can make my May payment for the usual amount ($72, rounded up) or I can make a payment of two months for $144 or three months ahead.  I can add extra principal.  But I can't just make a payment for, say $10 or $100. 

That sucks.

this sucks because one of my loans the "late" made half a payment for the latest payment due.  now if there is a problem with making payments, I'm worried I won't get the other half of my money in the next week or two.  so I'm hoping this glitch won't cause them to become perennially late.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:15:26 pm »

That sucks.

this sucks because one of my loans the "late" made half a payment for the latest payment due.  now if there is a problem with making payments, I'm worried I won't get the other half of my money in the next week or two.  so I'm hoping this glitch won't cause them to become perennially late.

Several of my borrowers have made partial payments in the past -- so now if they can't make the full payment, their only option will be to make NO payments (at least until the loan goes into collections)?  Another brilliant Prosper move.   :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:34 pm »

That sucks.

Several of my borrowers have made partial payments in the past -- so now if they can't make the full payment, their only option will be to make NO payments (at least until the loan goes into collections)?  Another brilliant Prosper move.   :ninja:
If this is true, we will see many more defaults.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up