Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account  (Read 36583 times)

futuretrump

• View Profile
Re: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 01:51:56 pm »

I was hoping this would make it to the Lobby.  Permission granted.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 03:13:48 pm »

Outrageous.

I also agree with ira, what about the banned (what a joke) Lenders.

I'm not throwing my money away in the prosper hole again, whatever I have left I want back without having to put anymore money at risk or agree to anything prosper (just modify the contract anytime) again.

I'd post this on rip-offreport.com

;) ;D >:(

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 03:29:51 pm »

Apparently, the only way to recover the last payment from my account (according to the rocket scientist "Account Manager" above), is to agree to their "New and Improved" lender agreement, transfer $25.00 into Prosper, and hope that Prosper survives the four to six days it will take to then transfer my $26.78 back out.

As a matter of interest, if you are in one of the states where Prosper is not permitted to lend, how do you transfer money in to Prosper?
Old Stump
My blog

Chamatrain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 03:35:47 pm »

and can the unfounded crap about them trying to steal from you.  It doesn't do anything for your credibility.

If what the OP says is true
Apparently, the only way to recover the last payment from my account (according to the rocket scientist "Account Manager" above), is to agree to their "New and Improved" lender agreement, transfer $25.00 into Prosper, and hope that Prosper survives the four to six days it will take to then transfer my $26.78 back out.

I think that can be construed as fraud and/or "stealing."  Ira calls it "conversion."  And I see no reason for any of us to be very concerned about our "credibility" with a company that has already admitted to operating in an illegal manner in most areas of the country.

Beerbud1

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 03:38:29 pm »

Try sending a letter to their legal counsel, advising him of your displeasure and desire to have your remaining funds removed and returned to you.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 03:45:40 pm by Beerbud1 »

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 03:40:25 pm »

Try sending a letter to their legal counsel, advising him of your unpleasure and desire to have your remaining funds removed and returned to you.

Certified Mail and Bank Draft preferred.

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 03:44:38 pm »

As a matter of interest, if you are in one of the states where Prosper is not permitted to lend, how do you transfer money in to Prosper?

There's no minimum for transfers out in those states.  I wish California would ban Prosper.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »

Try sending a letter to their legal counsel, advising him of your unpleasure and desire to have your remaining funds removed and returned to you.

Stated like that, Legal will just see this as a Customer Service issue and accordingly pass it over to them, imho.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 04:27:50 pm »

If Amazon can be sued for deleting a purchased book from your Kindle, suing for the $1.78 doesn't seem too much of a stretch, imho.  (IANAL)

christoofar215

• YO. LIKE MY FRO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 04:31:14 pm »

Card Tables!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 04:47:08 pm »

The Situation:  My final loan just paid in full (Thank you borrower, one of the few that didn't just steal my money).  I am free of Prosper except for one thing, THEY REFUSE TO CREDIT ME THE FINAL $1.78 IN MY ACCOUNT.

Have you asked them if they could close your Prosper account and transfer the remaining funds for you? If they refuse even that, then it is indeed very serious.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

futuretrump

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »

Good idea I will try that.

futuretrump

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 05:41:55 pm »

Ok for all those playing along at home.....

Just got off the phone with a Prosper customer service representative, I asked them to close my account and credit me with the $1.78 that just was the result of my final paid off loan.

Rep:  "Sir, we can not do that".
Me:   "How do I get my money out?"
Rep:  "Sign the lender agreement, transfer in $25.00, then transfer out the balance".
Me:  "That is what you told me this morning, can I speak to you supposed manager, Cameron?" (Remember Cameron is the "Manager" who was so incredibly rude to me this morning)

After about 2 minutes on hold.....

Rep:  "Sir, Cameron isn't in the office."
Me:   "Can I talk to any other manager?"
Rep:  "Sir everyone is out of the office."
Me:  "Really?"

Long pause.......

Rep:  "Give me your phone number and I'll try to have someone give you a call by the end of the day."

I gave them my phone number, but I'm not holding my breath.  I suspect they will steal my $1.78, because I absolutely refuse to sign the "New and Improved" lender agreement and transfer in yet another $25.00 into the Prosper black hole.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 06:09:21 pm »

Wait - am I understanding this right?  With a <$25 balance, you can't even close your account without signing new agreements?

"Sign this or we'll keep your money". 
That can't be legal.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 06:10:32 pm »

Can you change your account to an address in a non-lending state?  Friend, family....?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up