Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account  (Read 36591 times)

futuretrump

• View Profile
Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:19:46 pm »

The Situation:  My final loan just paid in full (Thank you borrower, one of the few that didn't just steal my money).  I am free of Prosper except for one thing, THEY REFUSE TO CREDIT ME THE FINAL $1.78 IN MY ACCOUNT.

I called into customer service and was treated completely unprofessionally by some 26 year old "Account Manager", who claimed he was the "Top Dog" in the chain as far as this issue was concerned and refused to let me talk to anyone else higher up.

Apparently, the only way to recover the last payment from my account (according to the rocket scientist "Account Manager" above), is to agree to their "New and Improved" lender agreement, transfer $25.00 into Prosper, and hope that Prosper survives the four to six days it will take to then transfer my $26.78 back out.

Any suggestions from anyone on how to prevent Prosper from STEALING my last $1.78?

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile
Re: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:29 pm »

Yeah, sign into Prosper, agree to the new and improved lender agreement, transfer 25 in and then 26.78 out.

They've always had a minimum transfer amount of $25.00.

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:23:46 pm »

Did you expect anything other than arrogance, incompetence and condescension from Prosper Customer No-Service?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:26:47 pm »

Yeah, sign into Prosper, agree to the new and improved lender agreement, transfer 25 in and then 26.78 out.

That's fine, except that they have no right to withhold a lender's money once they have no further loans.  And what about the banned lenders, like me, who aren't allowed to transfer money in?  Nor do they have any right to require you to agree to new legal agreements in order to receive your money back.  Someone in SF should sue them in small claims court for $7,500 in punitive damages for conversion (i.e., "theft") -- they just might get lucky and get a judge who is pissed off by this.    ;D  Of course, TINLA.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Greebo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:25 pm »

That's fine, except that they have no right to withhold a lender's money once they have no further loans.  And what about the banned lenders, like me, who aren't allowed to transfer money in?  Nor do they have any right to require you to agree to new legal agreements in order to receive your money back.  Someone in SF should sue them in small claims court for $7,500 in punitive damages for conversion (i.e., "theft") -- they just might get lucky and get a judge who is pissed off by this.    ;D  Of course, TINLA.
Yes, you could do all of this, sure.

But for <$25, who's going to?

I mean, seriously - prosper sucks hairy donkey balls and all that, but this "they're going to steal my $1.28!!! OMGOMG OMG"crap is really over the top.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 12:57:28 pm »

I called into customer service and was treated completely unprofessionally by some 26 year old "Account Manager", who claimed he was the "Top Dog" in the chain as far as this issue was concerned and refused to let me talk to anyone else higher up.

What was his name?

futuretrump

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:00:40 pm »

Fred,

I almost sure he said his name was Cameron, but there was quite a bit of noise in the background.

Greenbo,

First, of all its $1.78 not $1.28.  Second, I hear what you are saying but its the principle of it and the fact that I REFUSE to sign a new and possibly illegal lender agreement with them.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:01:29 pm »

This reminds me... I have a couple of photos of Prosper customer service:

The first one is from their main office in San Francisco, top floor of 111 Sutter.  Taken right after they moved customer service from the Philippines to the US.

The second one was taken at the Prosper Days conference.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:57:21 am by Fred93 »

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16:49 pm »

Nominated for The Lobby!
Free! I am free from Prosper!

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 01:25:34 pm »

I was only kidding when I asked customer support what they were drinking, but it appears wine is the answer.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 01:28:35 pm »

Nominated for The Lobby!

Agreed. This is absurd. If it's clear a lender isn't going to be able to ramp up to the $25 then full payment should be sent. It's been like that in every single business I've dealt with over the years that had minimum payouts.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 01:31:33 pm »

Yes, you could do all of this, sure.

But for <$25, who's going to?

I mean, seriously - prosper sucks hairy donkey balls and all that, but this "they're going to steal my $1.28!!! OMGOMG OMG"crap is really over the top.

But it isn't just for <$25 -- a pissed off judge could award punitive damages for conversion.  Moreover, this is just the sort of situation (small dollar damages for many people) that class action lawsuits were invented for.   :ninja:

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:06 pm »

sue them for the $1.78. they have a history of being penny wise and pound foolish on things.

make sure you post the court documents online.

you're

Greebo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:13 pm »

Fred,

I almost sure he said his name was Cameron, but there was quite a bit of noise in the background.

Greenbo,

First, of all its $1.78 not $1.28.  Second, I hear what you are saying but its the principle of it and the fact that I REFUSE to sign a new and possibly illegal lender agreement with them.
That's all well and good, futureturnip, but in that case, emphasize the valid point - the lender agreement - and can the unfounded crap about them trying to steal from you.  It doesn't do anything for your credibility.

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 01:36:42 pm »

futuretrump, do I have your permission to move this thread to The Lobby?
Free! I am free from Prosper!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up