Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred93 blog - backloaded months  (Read 22610 times)

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
Re: Fred93 blog - backloaded months
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »

Why did you quit on 3/1?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »

I included 3/1 to illustrate the drop after the pump.  There's another thread here that includes a lot more origination data, but I don't really want to duplicate all the same data in multiple threads.

The point of curiosity is why is this happening.  I agree with Nonattender that this pattern may or may not be indicative of anything at all, but I don't believe this is a random distribution.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Ferrix

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »

Note: after this post there were accusations, poofs, and counter-whining.  I split that stuff off and put it back into General Prosper Chat, at http://www.prospers.org/forum/fred93_blog_backloaded_months-t19594.0.html

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 10:11:53 pm »

We seem to be causing you work. I thought that was a violation of the prime directive.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 05:58:17 pm »

What you said:

I agree with Nonattender that this pattern may or may not be indicative of anything at all, but I don't believe this is a random distribution.

what I heard:

"I see your point that I may or may not have a point, however, I don't believe I'll concede the point."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautology_(rhetoric)

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

What you said:

I agree with Nonattender that this pattern may or may not be indicative of anything at all, but I don't believe this is a random distribution.

what I heard:

"I see your point that I may or may not have a point, however, I don't believe I'll concede the point."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautology_(rhetoric)

-t

Did you have a point to make - or do you just not believe that people should have access to information to be able to make up their own minds?

It's fairly obvious to anyone watching that you consider it of great importance to shield people from having access to information.

I would tend to believe that people are smart enough to draw their own conclusions.

The notion that you believe people are not smart enough to be trusted to review raw data is condescending and elitist.  Fortunately, we don't live in a world where information is the exclusive domain of the self-appointed elite.

Anyway, always glad to see you bump these important threads.

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

ResearchPro

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 06:30:03 pm »

Fortunately, we don't live in a world where information is the exclusive domain of the self-appointed elite.

On the contrary, we do.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:41 pm »

Fortunately, we don't live in a world where information is the exclusive domain of the self-appointed elite.

On the contrary, we do.

With the notable exception of a few dark corners of the world, I think we can pretty much declare the days of the Stalinist-approach to population information control a relic of the past, don't you think?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »

You know, ResearchPro...you may be just the person we need to render an opinion on the origination patterns and to what extent loans originated late in the month perform any differently than the overall pool of loans.

:)

Beerbud1

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:47 pm »

@nonattender...It's time for Full Disclosure. What's your relationship to Prosper Marketplace and any or all current or former Senior Executives?

Your cheerleading is duly noted, why not come clean and tell everyone why your so Pro_Prosper?

Is Christian Larsen your cousin, brother-in-law, Uncle, nephew, College Roommate???
Former Business Partner? Next door neighbor in the past?

We would like to know? it will help us understand your cheerleading!

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 08:05:47 pm »

@nonattender...It's time for Full Disclosure. What's your relationship to Prosper Marketplace and any or all current or former Senior Executives?

Your cheerleading is duly noted, why not come clean and tell everyone why your so Pro_Prosper?

Is Christian Larsen your cousin, brother-in-law, Uncle, nephew, College Roommate???

Sure - here you go, I hope this helps:

I have no financial relationship with Prosper Marketplace or any other P2P lending company - except
where I receive funds for referring new lenders/borrowers (the same deal they offer to all the users).
Last month I made $45 from Prosper ... I referred 1 lender.  I have no equity in any P2P marketplace.
I'm not related to, nor have I met, anyone who works for, or who otherwise has an interest, in same.

This is the LAST time I will respond to this line of questioning, but probably not the last you'll raise it,
since "questioning of motives" is the specious argument you guys resort to when challenged by merit.

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 08:13:19 pm »

You know, ResearchPro...you may be just the person we need to render an opinion on the origination patterns and to what extent loans originated late in the month perform any differently than the overall pool of loans. :)  

Urbi, if you realize there's no proof of correlation between "end of month origination" and performance,
but know at least that there IS a way to find out, why not either do that yourself OR ask someone to
look into it for you (as you say, there are many here who have the capability to look at the data that
Prosper provides and either prove or disprove your "suspicion") - rather than treat it like a news story?

ETA:  Also, if you find that the people who have the ability/capability to analyze the data in that way
don't want to waste their time doing so, for whatever reason, then maybe you should learn how to do
it yourself, or pay someone, rather than placing demands on the time of others to do your "homework"
for you, in order to refute some hare-brained idea - and, rather than taking the unwillingness of those
who are capable as sign of some conspiracy, maybe, instead, you'd consider they've got better to do.

-t
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:28:38 pm by nonattender »

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

I have no financial relationship with Prosper Marketplace or any other P2P lending company - except
where I receive funds for referring new lenders/borrowers (the same deal they offer to all the users).
Last month I made $45 from Prosper ... I referred 1 lender.  I have no equity in any P2P marketplace.
I'm not related to, nor have I met, anyone who works for, or who otherwise has an interest, in same.

This is the LAST time I will respond to this line of questioning, but probably not the last you'll raise it,
since "questioning of motives" is the specious argument you guys resort to when challenged by merit.

Hey, wait a minute.  Do you have any friends involved in P2P markets? Buddies you hang out with on internet forums.  Things of that nature.
Lobby permission granted

onthefence

• View Profile
nonattender's relationship with Prosper
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »

-t

Since I suspect nonattender is correct about this line of questioning coming up again, I wanted to make this post into it's own thread so it's easier to find & reference in the future.
Lobby permission granted

ResearchPro

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 08:23:29 pm »

On the contrary, we do.

With the notable exception of a few dark corners of the world, I think we can pretty much declare the days of the Stalinist-approach to population information control a relic of the past, don't you think?

Well, stalinist approach is mostly about ideology and enforcements methods then information. So I don't think this is a very precise comparison.
But anyway, I was talking about modern America, not some dark corner of the world like North Korea. The society here have some freedoms, have a free market system or the closest thing to it at least. But that doesn't dismiss the elitism in most aspects of life.
Take politics. Elitism there is evident, information in general is fed to the public on a need to know basis or to achieve certain PR goals. Only small amounts of background information are leaking outside of the club.
Take economics/finance. Extremely elitist, lots of important information cost $$ or is closed.
etc etc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up