Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred93 blog - backloaded months  (Read 22607 times)

ResearchPro

• View Profile
Re: Fred93 blog - backloaded months
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 08:29:39 pm »

You know, ResearchPro...you may be just the person we need to render an opinion on the origination patterns and to what extent loans originated late in the month perform any differently than the overall pool of loans.
 :)

My opinion is same to what somebody already said: the effect is clear, the cause is unclear.
While there is no doubt that this is not a random picture, it's unclear what exactly cause it. To explain it you have to know the business process very well, without it everything is pure speculation. So I understand that folks here hate Prosper so they rush to say "fraud" but they have no evidence for this particular theory. Could be fraud, could be something else.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

I wasn't going to respond at all to ANYTHING along this ridiculous line, anymore - however:

Hey, wait a minute.  Do you have any friends involved in P2P markets? Buddies you hang out with on internet forums.  Things of that nature.

Damn!  You got me.  Clearly I've stacked the forum deck in my favor!  Curses, foiled again.

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

weiszguy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 08:51:37 pm »

My opinion is same to what somebody already said: the effect is clear, the cause is unclear.
While there is no doubt that this is not a random picture, it's unclear what exactly cause it. To explain it you have to know the business process very well, without it everything is pure speculation. So I understand that folks here hate Prosper so they rush to say "fraud" but they have no evidence for this particular theory. Could be fraud, could be something else.

Wow, I have to agree with RP.  The cause may be way more complex than we can realize.  We probably can't determine a cause of this simply by examining the effect.  Of course it could be fraud, but we just don't have the evidence we need to make that call.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »

The notion that you believe people are not smart enough to be trusted to review raw data is condescending and elitist.  Fortunately, we don't live in a world where information is the exclusive domain of the self-appointed elite.

One reason RP smacked you, if you're wondering, is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_asymmetry

In addition to asymmetry, analysis plays a part, too.  Like, in your case, where you have Prosper's data,
but don't know how to analyze it in such a way as to correlate time of origination and loan performance.

But, pointing that out probably makes me an elitist.  :)

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

ResearchPro

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2010, 12:01:58 am »

And the last thing. We could know more if we had similar distribution charts for: listing postings, listing fundings, time between the end of auction and loan origination, % of listings funded etc.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 12:47:30 pm »

I think even the most casual observer of Prosper can formulate a reasonable opinion about what happened on the last two funding days of 2009.

Then, of course, the very first funding day of 2010 brought us a grand total in $20,000 in loan originations.

But, by all means, continue to defend at all costs.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:49:43 pm by Urbi_et_Orbi »
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ResearchPro

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 01:40:17 pm »

Maybe that's an effect of a few big lenders betting pattern.
Maybe that's an effect of a borrowers placing their listings pattern.
Maybe that's an effect of some component in verification processing time pattern.
Maybe that's an effect of the Christmas.
Maybe that's an effect of the whole PMI office hangover after regular monthly drinking.
All of those are reasonable as well.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:10:22 pm by ResearchPro »

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 01:58:48 pm »

So many guesses.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm still back at wondering what's gained by not asking Prosper?

baeventures

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 01:59:51 pm »

I think it's just 7 days (the verification time) after when RR's funds clear into his/her account.

BAEVentures

ResearchPro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:52 pm »

I think it's just 7 days (the verification time) after when RR's funds clear into his/her account.
BAEVentures

No, RR alone isn't that big to cause such magnitude. He didn't originate nearly half of his notes in a couple of days, did he?

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 06:00:19 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:55:52 am by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

baeventures

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 11:21:23 pm »

BAEVentures

No, RR alone isn't that big to cause such magnitude. He didn't originate nearly half of his notes in a couple of days, did he?

/sarcasm

BAEVentures
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up