Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper performance statistics gone  (Read 19651 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Prosper performance statistics gone
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 08:34:46 am »

Nominate for The Lobby.

-1 until after the next maintenance update = if all fixed then it will be moot

Your_Bank

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 10:20:19 am »

Does this have anything to do with why Ericscc.com has not been updated in over a week?  If not, does anyone know why?

baeventures

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 10:24:29 am »

Someone mentioned in another thread that they were going to contact Eric about it. Not sure if they ever got a response. I thought he stopped updating the week before the maintenance period but I could be wrong.

Lendstats.com is KenL's site and while not quite as user friendly, provides excellent analytical data.

BAEVentures

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 10:49:50 am »

Someone mentioned in another thread that they were going to contact Eric about it. Not sure if they ever got a response. I thought he stopped updating the week before the maintenance period but I could be wrong.

Lendstats.com is KenL's site and while not quite as user friendly, provides excellent analytical data.

BAEVentures

I believe eric's updated after the question was posed (late April, before maintenance). But, with Prosper not even sharing data itself, I'm sure eric's not seeing anything new. I just hope this isn't their way to shake him off their asses. W/o third party data (ken's too), it's just one more reason not to trust - or use - Prosper. And I know they're already running really low on reasons as it is...

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 10:57:26 am »

Nominate for The Lobby.

I definitely see your point, and if there were another maintenance window scheduled that we knew of then I would agree with you, but right now we have no indication of when this will be resolved nor exactly how it will look in the future and I think that it is important that it is noted that this feature is no longer available.

312lender

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 11:11:42 am »

If they take out marketplace data I will seriously consider not lending anymore.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 11:26:40 am »

Nominate for The Lobby.

I definitely see your point, and if there were another maintenance window scheduled that we knew of then I would agree with you, but right now we have no indication of when this will be resolved nor exactly how it will look in the future and I think that it is important that it is noted that this feature is no longer available.

+1 -- this is definitely Lobby-worthy.  And, as Fred93 pointed out, Prosper has a history of saying that elimination of data is just "temporary" yet failing to restore that data for essentially forever.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

SCI

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 11:34:10 am »

At the maintenance period on May 3, 2010, Prosper removed the performance statistics from their web site.  The page is still there, http://www.prosper.com/invest/performance.aspx but it now displays "Marketplace data temporarily unavailable."

Someone posted a question of when this would be repaired on the official prosper blog.  The official answer was posted "The performance page will be live again… we’re working on integrating the marketplace performance page with the new servicing platform."  ...an answer which seems to avoid the issue of "when".

So what is the "new servicing platform"?

I bet that only 3.0 loan data will be available when it comes back.

I agree with this.  I think that some of the performance of the 1.0 listings will be considered "testing" and since most of the BAD loans (prior to the Credit Data Availability in FEB 06) have expired past the 3 years, they will only show the 3.0 loan data (with some of the better performing 2.0 data) to make things appear as if they have been this good all along instead of just the last couple of months...

"A man is someone who rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects a greater reward."

baeventures

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 11:35:14 am »

+1 to lobby. Until it is resolved, it is worth knowing. There is no excuse for them to pull it down even temporarily. They've had it up for years, why the sudden ir-repairable woops?

BAEVentures

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 12:15:13 pm »

+1 to lobby. Until it is resolved, it is worth knowing. There is no excuse for them to pull it down even temporarily. They've had it up for years, why the sudden ir-repairable woops?

BAEVentures

+1, if needed. Besides, couldn't they work on this behind the scenes, without even taking what was there down? If it was flawed before, then it's still flawed. Not, they're just calling attention to the removal (and it made me flash back to the Big Money blog fiasco - which may not be unrelated to this).

Beerbud1

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 12:37:38 pm »

2nd for the Lobby. I beleive this worthwhile for readers to see.

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 01:33:32 pm »

To lobby...

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:59 pm »

In reality, I'm surprised they hadn't separated out the performance statistics into two separate pages. One for 1.0 and 2.0 loans and one for 3.0 loans.

Well, the page did have excellent controls, so one could for example separate out loans by date of origination, which would give you separate numbers for loans during the times that different rules were in place (as you say 1.0, 2.0, ...).

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »

Biggest mistake ever.  That transparency was the only thing Prosper had going for it.  It gave any lender a fighting chance of getting a return.

Dumbing down their lender base further will only make their defaults worse.
Lobby permission granted

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »

Biggest mistake ever.  That transparency was the only thing Prosper had going for it.  It gave any lender a fighting chance of getting a return.

Dumbing down their lender base further will only make their defaults worse.
I really don't think they intend to do away with the performance data, but if they do, I agree, it would be a HUGE mistake. Maybe they are working on applying a 'Prosper Rating' to the 1.0 loans and doing away with the 80% 90% of 1.0 loans that would be rejected today. In any case it is strange that it has been unavailable for so long.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up