Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper performance statistics gone  (Read 19644 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Prosper performance statistics gone
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 07:13:54 pm »

Perhaps the guy that ran that page was one of the budget cuts?

Your_Bank

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 07:35:26 pm »

Biggest mistake ever.  That transparency was the only thing Prosper had going for it.  It gave any lender a fighting chance of getting a return.

Dumbing down their lender base further will only make their defaults worse.

I would agree with that. I was able to get some comfort with my current lending by looking through the historical data, in particular ericcscc.com.  If I can't see data coming through I won't be inclined to take any more risk.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 07:37:31 pm »

Biggest mistake ever.  That transparency was the only thing Prosper had going for it.  It gave any lender a fighting chance of getting a return.

Dumbing down their lender base further will only make their defaults worse.

I would agree with that. I was able to get some comfort with my current lending by looking through the historical data, in particular ericcscc.com.  If I can't see data coming through I won't be inclined to take any more risk.

Welcome to one of Prosper's unexplained and potentially harmful moves...(#425 or so)...

Investar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »

I really don't think they intend to do away with the performance data, but if they do, I agree, it would be a HUGE mistake. Maybe they are working on applying a 'Prosper Rating' to the 1.0 loans and doing away with the 80% 90% of 1.0 loans that would be rejected today. In any case it is strange that it has been unavailable for so long.

During a discussion with Cameron (related to a glitch on group pages they have now fixed) he said they are moving loans and notes from old-sys to new-sys kinda in batches, checking things as they go. However this is working, chances are the performance pages would be all screwed up 'till the process is complete so they just took 'em down temporarily. That's my guess. I didn't ask him about it.

BrassKnuckles

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 08:42:57 pm »

Prosper sucks.

carry on

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 07:59:42 am »

Nice of them to announce the changes.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:06 pm »

They've also taken loan performance data out of the data export files. That means no 3rd party sites can update roi's. I have just emailed them asking about it.

teuceri

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the performance statistics still up here: http://www.prosper.com/welcome/marketplace.aspx

You can't perform your own searches and the data set is limited to a 2009-2010 time frame, it sounds like OP is half right half wrong....

The performance data is up, just not all of it, and it seems LIKELY that it will return, but they've temporarily disabled our ability to query the data set as we choose...

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 12:34:39 pm »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the performance statistics still up here: http://www.prosper.com/welcome/marketplace.aspx

That page is worthless to me.  It is just a summary of a few selected numbers.  There is no way to use it to compute proper default rates, etc.

SCI

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 12:51:56 pm »

That page is worthless to me.  It is just a summary of a few selected numbers.  There is no way to use it to compute proper default rates, etc.

+1

"A man is someone who rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects a greater reward."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 02:12:28 pm »

Little wonder this page is still up.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »

I received a response from prosper:
The missing loan performance data from the data export as well as from the website itself are temporary issues. Prosper is working to restore this data, when a more accurate time frame becomes available we will email you directly. Thank you for using Prosper.
I guess it will be a while.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »

We've heard the "we're working on it" speech many times before. It is very telling that they didn't give even a general ballpark estimate.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »

Good change = adds functionality, gives more choices, increases flexibility

Bad change = removes functions, reduces choices, eliminates options
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 12:09:29 am »

I received a response from prosper:
The missing loan performance data from the data export as well as from the website itself are temporary issues. Prosper is working to restore this data, when a more accurate time frame becomes available we will email you directly. Thank you for using Prosper.

Unfortunately, that's the sort of language they used two years ago when they took down the collection agency statistics.  They explained that there was a problem with the interface software that allowed them to receive the data from the collection agency, and that the software would soon be fixed and the stats restored to the web page.  Instead, several months later they took down the web page.  Now there are no collection agency statistics.

The present situation likely isn't the fault of the guy dispensing this info.  He's probably saying what he was told to say.  Whether that's what's really gonna happen or not ... we do not know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up