Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DC Meet & Greet  (Read 30271 times)

vsqueen

• View Profile
DC Meet & Greet
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:48:46 am »

Some may or may not remember that I was working on arrangements for a DC M&G in the same style as the Aloha M&G.  After thinking about it over the holidays, I have decided to go forward with the weekend.  I have found that there are still enough people interested in attending.  However, I will not have Prosper promote this event as they have done with other Meet and Greets. 

Since I am posting this in the Lobby and it is searchable, I am not including my email/Paypal address in this post.  You can find that information in the evite invitation or previous DC M&G thread in the Off Topic forum (http://www.prospers.org/forum/empty-t3920.0.html) or feel free to PM me for the address. 

ETA (2/12/08): I have created an evite (that basically is the same as this post  ::))for the DC M&G and you can find that at http://tinyurl.com/36nrgw

The DC Meet & Greet will be held at 11am on October 12th, 2008 at the Mt. Vernon Inn, which is located at Mt. Vernon, home of George and Martha Washington in Alexandria, Virginia.  There will be plenty of time before and after lunch to chat and mingle with others.  The cost for lunch is $25.00 per person.  Parking at Mt. Vernon is free.  I must have your confirmation by September 25, 2008.

I will arrange for group tour tickets to visit the mansion and grounds of Mount Vernon before lunch begins. I would be available at 9:30am on October 12th to hand out the tickets at the entrance of Mt. Vernon.  The tour of the mansion lasts about 30 minutes and they suggest another hour to visit the rest of the estate.  There is a lot of walking involved. Group rates are $11.00 per person. 

I have organized a trip to visit three Leesburg, Virginia wineries (www.tarara.com www.lostcreekwinery.com www.willowcroftwine.com) that will depart at 10am on Saturday, October 11th, 2008 from the Hilton Hotel on King Street (see hotel info below).  The cost of the trip is $72.00 per person.  This will include transportation, a box lunch and all tasting fees.  The entire trip should take about 5-6 hours. 

Your payment will be your confirmation.  Please PM me for a Paypal address or see the link posted above for the information in another thread.  Please specify in the "message" box of your Paypal payment the number of attendees you are paying for for each event and the attendee's names (whatever name you would want on a name tag).  If you need to make other arrangements for payment, please let me know.  Feel free to PM or email me with questions.

I have blocked rooms at 2 hotels in Alexandria. These hotels were chosen because they are within a stone's throw of the King Street metro station (http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm) which makes access to the sights in DC quite easy.  They are also 2 metro stops from Reagan National Airport (DCA).  There is also a free shuttle that runs from the King Street metro station to the Alexandria waterfront on weekends.  http://www.dashbus.com/dashabout/about.html gives you more information about the shuttle.

The first hotel is the Hampton Inn Old Town/King Street, located at 1616 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314 (703-299-9900).  The rate is $159.00/night.  This is the standard rate for the weekend, however, this rate is good from Oct 9th through October 13th should anyone want to come in early or leave later.  It is 1 block away from the King Street metro station and 1 mile from the Alexandria Waterfront.  Should you want to reserve a room through their website, you can use the group/convention code of DCM to receive the meet & greet rate for your visit.  The rate for these dates is valid though September 8, 2008. http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=ATF5S1E0TX0GKCSGBJBM22Q?ctyhocn=WASALHX

The second is the Hilton Alexandria/Old Town, located at 1767 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314 (703-837-0440).  The rate for Oct. 8, 9, 12, 13 is $199/night and the rate for Oct 10 and 11 is $159/night.  This hotel is immediately across the street from the King Street metro station and within a block of the Hampton Inn.  It is also 1 mile away from the Alexandria waterfront.  Rates are good through September 8, 2008.  Please mention you are booking under the DC Meet & Greet.   The Hilton has a personalized web site for Meet & Greet reservations http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/DCAOTHF-OMG-20081008/index.jhtml

Once the blocks at these hotels are booked, these rates are available on a space-available  basis.

There is also the Embassy Suites Alexandria/Old Town across the street from the King Street metro station and within 1 block of the Hilton and the Hampton Inn.  I have not blocked rooms at this hotel, but it is located at 1900 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22314 (703-684-5900). 

*Edited to update hotel information
*Edited to add evite link
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:45:14 am by vsqueen »
A drunk girl's lips are a sober girl's desire.

justinzachary

• View Profile
Re: DC Meet & Greet
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »

I'm living just outside of DC.  Can I come?

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:46:20 am »

I'm living just outside of DC.  Can I come?

All are welcome.   :)

Rival

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:17:47 pm »

I am all for the event!

Rival

ran-ran

• View Profile
    • DelMarVa Lending
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:11:13 am »

Hello VSQueen,

Thanks for the email and update. As I mentioned before I would not miss this opportunity to have a fun filled weekend in DC. I have booked my room at the Hilton Alexandria/Old Town for the weekend.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes,

DelMarVa Lending

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:49:21 am »

I have edited the first post of this thread to include an evite link.

The evite is basically a summary of all the information (and I realize it is a lot of informaton  :D) that is found in the first post. 

The evite invitation can be found at http://tinyurl.com/36nrgw

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 06:33:15 pm »

I just got back from PD08 in San Francisco earlier today.

Well, after a wonderful weekend (yes, I do remember most of it  ;)), I have realized there are more people than I would ever believe that are at least interested enough to plan on being in the DC area in October.

We are going to have such a great time, you don't want to miss this. 

I encourage everyone to answer the evite that is posted here http://tinyurl.com/36nrgw so I can get an even better idea of the number of attendees. 

dliebs97

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:09:52 pm »

without looking too far into my calendar, I'm assuming this is set up for a weekend?

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:58:13 am »

without looking too far into my calendar, I'm assuming this is set up for a weekend?

Yes, it is.  It is over the Columbus Day weekend in October.  Saturday the 11th is the optional tour of Virginia wineries and Sunday the 12th is lunch at the Mount Vernon Inn.

I know it is still a long way off, but for me to begin looking at some numbers that I will need to approximate come May and June (and finalize closer to the dates), it helps me get an idea of the maybe's and the ones who are more certain about attending. 

ETA:  Anyone who doesn't want to respond to the evite doesn't have to.  You can PM me or email works as well. 
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:15:38 am by vsqueen »

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 05:06:27 pm »

I have been getting a lot of response about the meet & greet.  Besides the evite, there are a number of people who have responded via email!

I have been getting a few questions about airports, so I thought I would go ahead and post some information here.

The closest airport to Alexandria is Reagan National (DCA).  The airport is a stop on the blue/yellow line of the Metro (which is the Washington DC area subway system).  It is actually only 2 stops from the hotels that I have listed in the first post.  So you can literally pick up your luggage, hop on the metro and be directly in front of the hotel 2 stops later.  If you let me know your schedule, I can try to make sure you are met at the airport when you arrive!

Dulles International airport (IAD) is a bit farther away.  If anyone plans on flying into Dulles, please let me know your schedule and I will see about arranging for a ride to the hotel in Alexandria. 

Baltimore/Washington Airport (BWI) is actually closer to Baltimore, MD than DC.  It is close to an hour drive from the Alexandria/DC area.  Anyone flying in there is on their own!  :P  Especially if you decide to arrive during rush hour traffic!   ;)

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 09:17:06 pm »

This is just a bump to move this thread back to the first page of the Lobby.

There was a discussion on the "official" forums about lenders getting together and I have posted about the DC Meet & Greet on that thread. 

I have received some responses from people requesting information about the M&G and I have pointed them to the Evite invitation.  I am guessing that the Evite has led some of the readers to this thread and this forum. 

I just figured that since some might be visiting .org for the first time, it might be worth their while to see some of the other topics being discussed on Page 1 as well as this one.   :)

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 08:43:25 pm »

Thanks for keeping me up on things. Peggy said she is interested.  I will give you a definite answer soon.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

vsqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 05:49:47 pm »

Thanks for keeping me up on things. Peggy said she is interested.  I will give you a definite answer soon.

It would be great to see both of you again.  Oh, and I think MsAva should plan the next M&G and we can all go to Florida!

So, now it is just under 4 months until the DC Meet & Greet.  It is going to be here before you know it!  Feel free to contact me with questions and for those of you that have told me you're going to be there but haven't confirmed (you know who you are  ;)) you need to get going on making those arrangements!

beerbud1

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 06:20:28 pm »

The LA meet and greet is next in August. MsAva, let me know if you need any help planning the Florida meet and greet.

Tiptopper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 10:08:43 am »

The LA meet and greet is next in August. MsAva, let me know if you need any help planning the Florida meet and greet.
Happy are we who live in Largo and basking the Glory of the Rays, add our +1
d
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up