Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper caught selling member's personal information  (Read 36476 times)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Prosper caught selling member's personal information
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 11:40:15 pm »

Jeff's credibility dropped to zero.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 11:50:31 pm »

I did think it was strange that I was sent a PM about this instead of the person just creating a thread himself

maybe he found out how this happened and it wound up to have nothing to do with prosper?

for future reference ..
http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cache:zKzsG5X5OloJ:mymicrofinance.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/prosper-and-my-junk/+http://mymicrofinance.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/prosper-and-my-junk/&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 12:08:26 am »

I would like to note that I have not received any junk mail from prosper, and I have been around longer than Jeff...

I should note, this is one of the tamest weird * things that I've seen around here in quite some time...

* while very tame it is extremely weird**

** referring to Jeff's blog being shut down or mostly inaccessible... 

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report

you're

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 12:16:22 am »

this is weird

http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cache:UMLw1jsfy8wJ:mymicrofinance.wordpress.com/2008/02/11/mentality-of-the-lost-lender/+%22prosper.com%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=30&gl=us

We moved to Prosper on our own… No brainwashing, no backroom deals, nothing.

Jeff did a real "360" * since just a little while ago. Whaaaa?

* - no, not really a 360, but a 180
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:16:05 am by LoanChimp »

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 03:41:30 am »

After reading through frugalcouple's posts on the old Prosper forums, I posted this comment to LoanChimp's blog:

Jeff supported Prosper's decision to end group leader compensation, so I don't think that's it.  His biggest complaint about Prosper seems to have been its lackluster collections efforts, so a promised announcement of progress in that area would seem to be the most likely explanation for his turnabout.

We know that there are at least two promised developments in the collections area on which Prosper is dragging its feet, perhaps delaying action in favor of a splashy announcement at Prosper Days. These are the litigation test and the transfer of accounts from Penncro to AmSher.  (See Fred93's most recent blog for his comments on this delay.)
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 08:20:39 pm »

Which apparently wasn't low enough....

Mike criticized Jeff on the ProsperousLand blog, and here's the reply from Jeff (not that I can prove that "Jeff" is really Jeff, of course):

It's called privacy/personal choice (agreement perhaps as part of a truce?) and as of this evening I have CLOSED the blog permanently as I have yet to receive an apology from bamalucky who viscously attacked my character in comments (which I have saved, posts are hidden). So, before you go writing about people (me), why don't EMAIL me and get the facts first. I DO have an answer on the whole junk-mail thing, however, until bamalucky writes me an apology, you can stay in the dark with everyone else. It's a lot better if we can all play nice with each other. Until such time, I'm under the radar.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Mike's reply:

I'm sorry he was, well, bama, but that doesn't excuse you for not owning up to your visceral and rant-like missives about Prosper selling your personal information. Such behavior doesn't register well to me either, and bama being bama doesn't mitigate your actions. If you're holding out for bamalucky to apologize before you explain how you established your peace, we'll be waiting for a long time.

E-mailing you first would've been the proper thing to do, but you'd already rolled up your welcome mat. You have now claimed that you wouldn't have told me anyway because bama hasn't apologized yet.

http://prosperousland.blogspot.com/2008/02/junk-mail-seller-revisited.html

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 08:36:17 pm »

the whole thing is fishy. bama is a convenient excuse for how this played out.

you're

tash

• View Profile
    • Prosperous Land
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 10:14:09 pm »

Which apparently wasn't low enough....

Mike criticized Jeff on the ProsperousLand blog, and here's the reply from Jeff (not that I can prove that "Jeff" is really Jeff, of course):

It's called privacy/personal choice (agreement perhaps as part of a truce?) and as of this evening I have CLOSED the blog permanently as I have yet to receive an apology from bamalucky who viscously attacked my character in comments (which I have saved, posts are hidden). So, before you go writing about people (me), why don't EMAIL me and get the facts first. I DO have an answer on the whole junk-mail thing, however, until bamalucky writes me an apology, you can stay in the dark with everyone else. It's a lot better if we can all play nice with each other. Until such time, I'm under the radar.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Mike's reply:

I'm sorry he was, well, bama, but that doesn't excuse you for not owning up to your visceral and rant-like missives about Prosper selling your personal information. Such behavior doesn't register well to me either, and bama being bama doesn't mitigate your actions. If you're holding out for bamalucky to apologize before you explain how you established your peace, we'll be waiting for a long time.

E-mailing you first would've been the proper thing to do, but you'd already rolled up your welcome mat. You have now claimed that you wouldn't have told me anyway because bama hasn't apologized yet.

http://prosperousland.blogspot.com/2008/02/junk-mail-seller-revisited.html

FWIW, I think it was him. That, or someone's going through a lot of trouble to use a three year old blogger profile to pretend to be him.

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 10:19:06 pm »

FWIW, I think it was him. That, or someone's going through a lot of trouble to use a three year old blogger profile to pretend to be him.

Egads, I lost track. Does "him" refer to bama, Jeff, Mike or yet another party?
Old Stump
My blog

tash

• View Profile
    • Prosperous Land
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 10:29:26 pm »

Egads, I lost track. Does "him" refer to bama, Jeff, Mike or yet another party?

It's actually quite simple. I have a flow chart all prepared. Oh, darn, now I have to upload it somewhere and that's quite a bother since it's in Visio. And I spent all that time on the 3-d graphic effects. We'll have to just skip that for the moment, I guess.

Jeff (Of the blog formerly called MyMicrofinance, Fanafi Foundation, and Junkmail fame) == Jeff (Guy who posted that traveler505 wasn't entirely sure was Jeff)

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 10:42:55 pm »

(Guy who posted that traveler505 wasn't entirely sure was Jeff)

It sounded like Jeff, and I had no reason to doubt that it was. But without a picture of his hand .....

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:23 pm »

When I said "not the sharpest knives in the drawer" it was only a code word for "loopy"

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 08:19:52 pm »

RateLadder has published an interview with Jeff on his blog.  My favorite part:

However my ‘other’ contact at Prosper.com has told me that they have not sold our data to any third parties, but if they had it would not include any fictitious data or name such as the one we keep there.

In other words, we would never violate our privacy policy and the basic trust of our membership, but, if we did, we'd try to do it without leaving our fingerprints all over the place. 

With reassurances like that, it's no wonder Jeff is back in the Prosper fold; I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy myself. 

http://www.rateladder.com/2008/02/15/interview-of-fanafi-foundation/

« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:35:03 pm by traveler505 »

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2008, 11:01:31 pm »

RateLadder has published an interview with Jeff on his blog.  My favorite part:

However my ‘other’ contact at Prosper.com has told me that they have not sold our data to any third parties, but if they had it would not include any fictitious data or name such as the one we keep there.

In other words, we would never violate our privacy policy and the basic trust of our membership, but, if we did, we'd try to do it without leaving our fingerprints all over the place. 

With reassurances like that, it's no wonder Jeff is back in the Prosper fold; I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy myself. 

http://www.rateladder.com/2008/02/15/interview-of-fanafi-foundation/

Good grief.  That's like Shira saying that they hadn't given any stock options to GLs except a chosen few and conveniently forgetting that BG was a GL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up