Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I challenge every lender here!!  (Read 12653 times)

ira01

• View Profile
Re: I challenge every lender here!!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 06:00:28 pm »

As far as default sales goes, we're trying to standardize this process. Right now it's painfully manual. We'd like to be able to say "Every year quarter/month/whatever loans are sold.." but we're dealing with debt buyers whom we have no control over. I don't have much more information to give here other than to say it's really important to us and standardizing it is taking a lot longer than we'd hoped but it's critical that we succeed in this area.
-J.Witchel's 4/16/07 blog entry (since deleted)

Fixed.  Besides, he DID say "it is taking a lot longer than we'd hoped" -- so what do you want from his life???  :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 06:32:16 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:45:03 am by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 06:58:47 pm »

make sure don't take the back channel folks. 

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:32 pm »

I emailed Giedgowd.  Got no response.

On the off chance he's on vacation, I'll give him a few more days.  Then I'll send a certified demand letter. 

And, yes, if that does nothing, I'll start considering the next step.

Prosper, again, I know you read this.  Please provide us with honest, accurate updates.

The BS about others selling junk debt to make their quarterly numbers is just that.  Corporations may be on different fiscal years, and here we are in MAY now.  Sell our bad debt already.  You're our fiduciary.  You may become our defendant.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 08:04:59 pm »

On the off chance he's on vacation, I'll give him a few more days.  Then I'll send a certified demand letter. 

Prosper, again, I know you read this.  Please provide us with honest, accurate updates.

The BS about others selling junk debt to make their quarterly numbers is just that.  Corporations may be on different fiscal years, and here we are in MAY now.  Sell our bad debt already.  You're our fiduciary.  You may become our defendant.

And our lawyers are smarter than their lawyers - 123456789 already proved that one ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 10:13:27 pm »

And our lawyers are smarter than their lawyers - 123456789 already proved that one ;)

I wouldn't blame Gale. He is paid to litigate and makes money regardless of the outcome. He probably told Prosper the likely outcome and Witchel and company decided to go forward anyway.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:45 pm »

I wouldn't blame Gale. He is paid to litigate and makes money regardless of the outcome. He probably told Prosper the likely outcome and Witchel and company decided to go forward anyway.

I was going by his recommendation to you to get the "prospersucks" (or whatever silly thing he said) domain ;) Plus xraider and ira could beat him with both hands tied behind their backs! WWL!
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 02:19:47 am »

The only drawback when they sell the loans is

BE prepared

It's gonna be a giveaway!

It's always a giveaway when there is only one buyer.

Prosper has rejected offers from lenders to buy the defaulted paper, so by denying a competitive bidding process we get the low monopsony price.

There is a very large overhang of 4+ month lates, and when they are put into official default status that will change the performance numbers drastically.

They need to massage the data so that they can still advertise a high return with some carefully-chosen criteria.

Some loans that are 4+ months late will need to remain in that status because they would damage the marketing efforts if they were defaulted.

Lucky for Prosper there are so many ways to cut and slice the data that there is always going to be some strategy or subset of data that will yield a 10% return (in hindsight). 
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2008, 07:42:54 am »

I give Gale credit for convincing Prosper not to sue.  It was a horrible misstep on Prosper's part, and now it's learned that in terrorum isn't necessarily the way to go.

However, I would like my 4+ lates sold off, and I would like a response from Giedgowd.

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »

No replies for me.Anyone else got any type of reply?
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 12:27:16 pm »

No replies for me.Anyone else got any type of reply?
C'mon - you knew from the git-go that writing wouldn't get anywhere.  SOP these days @ Prosper.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:13 pm »

I called Prosper this morning & asked status of debt sale.  Cameron says they have the bids and are trying to wrap things up.  He didn't have a schedule, but it did sound like completion is imminent.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:13:20 am by Fred93 »

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 05:44:44 pm »

Let's hope so.  I'll give it another week, then.

To me, Prosper's fiduciary duty includes REPORTING!

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2008, 07:27:52 pm »

I see Doug Fuller is reading this topic as i type

FraudMan      07:15:33 PM     Viewing the topic I challenge every lender here!!.

Sell my 4+ lates ASAP!!!
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2008, 12:12:58 am »

I called Prosper this morning & asked status of debt sale.  Cameron says they have the bids and are trying to wrap things up.  He didn't have a schedule, but it did sound like completion is imminent.

Cameron called back a few hours later to revise his answer & tell me to read the prosper blog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up