Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you know that there are 19 million in late-default loans right now?  (Read 9016 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile

http://www.prosper.com/lend/performance.aspx

Defaults                 $6,453,776
Late (16-30 days)     $1,216,732
1-3 months late     $4,479,295
4+ months late      $7,064,792     

cash-is-king

• View Profile

what percentage would that be?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

bamalucky

• View Profile

142 million in loans originated but 10 million not old enough to make a payment so you cant count those.

According to my rough math thats around 15%....Anyone else here with more math skills than me?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

cash-is-king

• View Profile

Don't need a degree to figure this one out.  15% does not bode well for prosper or it's lenders.  Nice way for scumbags to pick up some quick cash though!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

The percent of my loans which are late is somewhat lower than the overall rate.
Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

ira01

• View Profile

Average loan age=106.5 days.  Just give it some time -- I was 100% current at 3.5 months too.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mothandrust

• View Profile

4+ months late      $7,064,792     

If the value drops to 4% of the principal in 120 days, using straight-line depreciation that comes out to these loans losing $56,515.94/day for 120 days.

During the 1 minute it took you to read this thread, Prosper loans lost $39 in value.

"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

DakotahFury

• View Profile

4+ months late      $7,064,792     

If the value drops to 4% of the principal in 120 days, using straight-line depreciation that comes out to these loans losing $56,515.94/day for 120 days.

During the 1 minute it took you to read this thread, Prosper loans lost $39 in value.

How much value was lost during the time it took you to do all of that math?  ;)
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

barnacle1

• View Profile

I was going to advise mjerry once again just how much we like him. But then, I remembered this is the lobby and I am not controversial.

PS I unignored you so that I would remember to lavish attention upon you. In a more conducive location of course!

mothandrust

• View Profile

Average loan age=106.5 days.  Just give it some time -- I was 100% current at 3.5 months too.

All my loans (at the time) were current with an average loan age of 228 days on 12/4/2007. 

Of those then-current loans, 10 are now late (or worse) and 18 are current, so 1/3 of my portfolio went bad after being current for (at least) 5 months.

I have 3 loans from 2Millionaires, all are current.  I have one from CBS and it is late.

Let mjerryfirst boast while he can though and have some fun!
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

All my loans (at the time) were current with an average loan age of 228 days on 12/4/2007. 
Of those then-current loans, 10 are now late (or worse) and 18 are current, so 1/3 of my portfolio went bad after being current for (at least) 5 months.
I have 3 loans from 2Millionaires, all are current.  I have one from CBS and it is late.

Most of your lates are to borrowers who wanted money for business purposes.   I generally do not lend to such, unless I am convinced they can repay from income unrelated to the business.   One of your more amusing borrowers requested $25K for a Christian Mortgage Service.    Hopefully some deity will keep him current.   
Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

ira01

• View Profile

Most of your lates are to borrowers who wanted money for business purposes.   I generally do not lend to such, unless I am convinced they can repay from income unrelated to the business.   One of your more amusing borrowers requested $25K for a Christian Mortgage Service.    Hopefully some deity will keep him current.   

As I detailed in this thread here, many of your loans are pure crap, just waiting for the right time to default.  But at least reviewing that old thread was good for some entertainment value!
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

But at least reviewing that old thread was good for some entertainment value!
I am equally entertained and not at all surprised by the regular payments I have received for six or more months from each of these.   

Only one of the cited loans I view as a possible mistake.   All of the others provided answers to questions which indicated they are emerging from previous financial difficulties.

If these are collectively as bad as you mistakenly think they are, at least three should be late by now.   

bamalucky

• View Profile

A copy of mjerry's loans.Stolen from http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/mjerryfirst

Notice how he expects to outperform by bidding on loans that have current DQ(13%).All i wonder is how he expects them to pay him when they aren't paying the other people they owe.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:18:52 pm by bamalucky »
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

The borrowers with current delinquencies through private answers to privately asked questions, have indicated to me, to my satisfaction, that either
(a) the delinquencies have been cleaned up, but still improperly remain on their credit reports.
(b) the delinquencies are errors.   Several of these borrowers have "current delinquencies" with zero balance

And as I  expected, all of the loans that you cite are all current!!

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:02:59 pm by mjerryfirst »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up