Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need suggestions - DQ borrower looking for Prosper contact  (Read 21027 times)

NewHorizon

• View Profile
Re: Need suggestions - DQ borrower looking for Prosper contact
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 09:29:19 am »

NewHorizon,

I think your original question was answered--is that right? The borrower knows whom to contact at Prosper? (As far as getting a response from prosper, org. probably can't help .)

As for whether to bring the borrower's information to .org, let your instinct guide you.  ;)

Yeah, I think those issues are handled.  Well, unless Prosper (Tim Bright) decides to go incommunicado again.

As for alienating the borrowers, otoh, I'm still hoping somebody (/quick glance toward ira01) might help me understand how they see the value in that.

Otherwise, me-thinks the "if you mess with me, then I don't give a frack about you" attitude is how we end up with this kinda stuff.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 11:29:51 am »

As for alienating the borrowers, otoh, I'm still hoping somebody (/quick glance toward ira01) might help me understand how they see the value in that.

It isn't a question of whether we should "alienate the borrowers."  I certainly don't advocate randomly searching out borrowers to alienate.  OTOH, I just don't see kowtowing to borrowers' irrational feelings ("Oh me, oh my, I can't handle it emotionally if any burned lender says anything slightly negative about me or my listing [or the fact that shortly after declaring BK, I'm now back in the same boat]"), as an especially important imperative.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 01:45:11 pm »

Otherwise, me-thinks the "if you mess with me, then I don't give a frack about you" attitude is how we end up with this kinda stuff.

You are avoiding the question ira01.  Did you or did you not torture prisoners in Abu Ghraib? 

Your attitude towards relations with borrowers clearly leads new Horizon to believe you are a likely suspect

* onthefence e-mails pics to Doug Fuller entitled "New Post Charge Off Collection Technique Recommendations"
Lobby permission granted

red12049

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:38 pm »

It isn't a question of whether we should "alienate the borrowers."  I certainly don't advocate randomly searching out borrowers to alienate.  OTOH, I just don't see kowtowing to borrowers' irrational feelings ("Oh me, oh my, I can't handle it emotionally if any burned lender says anything slightly negative about me or my listing [or the fact that shortly after declaring BK, I'm now back in the same boat]"), as an especially important imperative.

Whats' irrational to you makes perfect sense to someone else.  If you lent money to her knowing all that info, what are you complaining about?  If you didn't lend to her, then what the hell business is it of yours WHAT her financial history is?  Do you judge everyone you run across this way?

R
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ”- Eric Hoffer

Hillary, in most cases, is not really "lying" -- she is applying her lawyerly instinct to parse words very finely, which sometimes seems to non-lawyers to be a lie, but actually isn't.

"The fundamental cause of trouble is that the stupid are cocksure, while the intelligent are full of doubt."  Bertrand Russell

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »

Whats' irrational to you makes perfect sense to someone else.  If you lent money to her knowing all that info, what are you complaining about?  If you didn't lend to her, then what the hell business is it of yours WHAT her financial history is?  Do you judge everyone you run across this way?R

It might make perfect sense to you and NH, but that appears to be it.  In any event, this is a free country and an open Board, and I'll discuss any borrower that I please to.  If you don't like it, that's fine -- but too bad.

red12049

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:53 pm »

Whats' irrational to you makes perfect sense to someone else.  If you lent money to her knowing all that info, what are you complaining about?  If you didn't lend to her, then what the hell business is it of yours WHAT her financial history is?  Do you judge everyone you run across this way?R

It might make perfect sense to you and NH, but that appears to be it.  In any event, this is a free country and an open Board, and I'll discuss any borrower that I please to.  If you don't like it, that's fine -- but too bad.

I never said whether it made sense to me or not.  Should I judge you as unethical because you just put words in my mouth that I never uttered?  Should I judge you as a "failed lawyer" because you are now in a different field?  Should I call it nepotism because you work for family?  I know next to nothing about you, and would not make those judgements based on the limited info I have.

R
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ”- Eric Hoffer

Hillary, in most cases, is not really "lying" -- she is applying her lawyerly instinct to parse words very finely, which sometimes seems to non-lawyers to be a lie, but actually isn't.

"The fundamental cause of trouble is that the stupid are cocksure, while the intelligent are full of doubt."  Bertrand Russell

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »

I never said whether it made sense to me or not.  Should I judge you as unethical because you just put words in my mouth that I never uttered?  Should I judge you as a "failed lawyer" because you are now in a different field?  Should I call it nepotism because you work for family?  I know next to nothing about you, and would not make those judgements based on the limited info I have.

If you want to, be my guess.  None of it would be true, but you can believe what you want.  You made a categorical statement that it "makes pefect sense to someone else," and then proceded to attack me for voicing my comments.  In any event, you are the one putting words in MY mouth -- if you'll read my post more carefully, you'll see that I said "It might make perfect sense to you and NH."  I never said that it DID make perfect sense to you.  Frankly, I don't care much whether it does or doesn't make perfect sense to you.  This discussion is a complete waste of time (mine, yours, and everyone else that has to wade through it).  I think it is time for it to end.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008, 02:00:07 am »

If you didn't lend to her, then what the hell business is it of yours WHAT her financial history is?

red12049 - Believe it or not, despite the fact that lenders are in a competitive lending environment, lenders have found it far more beneficial to work together & share information.

The greatest risk in prosper is not competition for the lowest profit margin so much as it is that most lenders do not understand the risk & estimated default rate for those that they lend to.

In this environment, it is to every lender"s benefit to work together as a herd to alert each other of danger.  Those who do not, will be selected against.
Lobby permission granted

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:59:34 pm by Mark12547 »
Free! I am free from Prosper!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up