Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: no more lenders from Pennsylvania  (Read 14262 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
no more lenders from Pennsylvania
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:12:35 am »

Appeared in Prosper Blog...

Important Notice for Lenders Residing in Pennsylvania
09/15/08 posted by Prosper Blog

We have made the decision to discontinue accepting new lender registrations, and new bids from existing lenders, from residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our decision to make this change was based on our ongoing discussions with regulators in Pennsylvania, which led us to believe the change was necessary to comply with their current interpretation of their state regulations.

msava

• View Profile
Re: no more lenders from Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:03:41 am »

The lucky devils.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

kingnod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:46:40 am »

Yeah they sent an email out to all lenders from PA with the same statement.
king, have an 'ignore'. u earned it.
TJGbank

GLeaderAccountantsChoice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:50:15 am »

poof
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:51:58 am by GLeaderAccountantsChoice »

*Warning - Lending stats subject to change

GLeaderAccountantsChoice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 06:51:28 am »

I bet that LendingClub doesn't have this issue.  Last time I heard, people were able to buy "securities" in all 50 states...

Navy-slush-fund

• Tubing on the St. Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 06:58:40 am »

need a hammer and sickle on the state flag.....next thing you know they will be telling me what kind of beer I have to drink....frigging communists and thier Gov't. controls...

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 06:59:12 am »

I bet that LendingClub doesn't have this issue.  Last time I heard, people were able to buy "securities" in all 50 states...

LendingClub doesn't allow lenders in any state right now.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:33:48 am »

If Prosper.com has been running afoul of Pennsylvania regulations this whole time (or at any time), then all affected notes sold to Pennsylvania lenders should be repurchased at full remaining face value (Principal + Accrued Interest) by Prosper.com immediately.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:11 am »

ok, so you live in PA and want a prosper loan eh? looking at the rates, you see that your state cap is a very small 5%. your realize that your best hope is to borrow from someone you know. that shouldnt be a problem, because at Prosper, we make borrowing from friends and family worry free. awesome! call your mom and dad down the street and your highschool friend in the next town and tell them you are looking for a loan at prosper. explain to them that prosper is geared towards family and friends and they will make the whole thing worry free.

hold on a second though .. prosper doesnt let people from pennsylvania lend money.

oh well, so much for that idea. I guess it's back to joining 2mils group.

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:38 am »

If Prosper.com has been running afoul of Pennsylvania regulations this whole time (or at any time), then all affected notes sold to Pennsylvania lenders should be repurchased at full remaining face value (Principal + Accrued Interest) by Prosper.com immediately.

Considering the steps Prosper has taken in recent months to slow down their burn rate, I think it's unlikely that we will see Prosper re-purchase much of anything, ID theft loans included, IMHO.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:07:36 am »

Where did you see that guarantee?

GLeaderAccountantsChoice

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:55:46 am »

...or law / legal interpretation?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 11:52:33 am »

There was an earlier thread on this -- http://www.prospers.org/forum/important_news_for_pennsylvania_lenders-t9429.0.html.  As I stated there:

Very interesting.  I think this strongly suggests that Prosper was lying when it blamed its same decision regarding South Dakota lenders on the fact the since Prosper couldn't have South Dakota borrowers, it made a business decision that it wasn't worth it to deal with the compliance issues for SD lenders.  To me, this shows that states are taking a look at Prosper and saying "no thank you" -- perhaps due to Prosper's various shortcommings that we all know well. 

http://www.prospers.org/forum/any_ideas_why_prosper_recently_stopped_allowing_lenders_from_south_dakota-t9177.0.html
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 12:49:32 pm »

...or law / legal interpretation?

If they illegally sold Pennsylvania "lenders" loans/notes while representing the transaction to be fully legal, then they should be obligated to correct the transaction.

christoofar215

• YO. LIKE MY FRO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 01:04:53 pm »

Apparently Prosper is running afoul of Pennsylvania securities law, but not the lending law.   That's the only explanation as to why Pennsylvania residents can continue to borrow why lenders cannot lend.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up