Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper's Facebook  (Read 49168 times)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Prosper's Facebook
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

Prosper started replying within the past 24 hrs.
The 5 comments (shown in Urbi's post) is now 9 comments with 3 of the 4 new ones being from Prosper.  I didn't notice any deletions.
http://www.facebook.com/prosperloans?sk=wall

Probably not too much of a stretch to think that Prosper dropped by here?

I noticed some strategic deletions in other posts, including, most notably, one written by Victoria Mathis.

I can't tell, of course, whether Prosper deleted it or if she did, but other posts of hers making similar claims of racism by Prosper remain intact, so it doesn't seem likely that she suddenly became selectively bashful - and there are many examples of Prosper deleting critical comments from their Facebook "community" forum.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ggmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

The 5 comments (shown in Urbi's post) is now 9 comments with 3 of the 4 new ones being from Prosper.  I didn't notice any deletions.

I noticed some strategic deletions in other posts, including, most notably, one written by Victoria Mathis.

I can't tell, of course, whether Prosper deleted it or if she did, but other posts of hers making similar claims of racism by Prosper remain intact, so it doesn't seem likely that she suddenly became selectively bashful - and there are many examples of Prosper deleting critical comments from their Facebook "community" forum.

I think even the most ardent Prosper haters on this forum would have difficulty accusing Prosper of racism, since all applications are 100% online, and at no point do we ask any question having to do with race.  Racism in lending is not only unethical, it is illegal.  It is a terrible accusation and to have a person repeatedly post the same accusation on Facebook does the community no good.  I took down all the posts accusing Prosper of racism, except for one where I posted a similar answer to what I am posting here, that it is unethical, illegal, and impossible with our online system.  If I missed some of the other posts on this subject, please point them out and I will take them down too.

Thank you,

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »

I think even the most ardent Prosper haters on this forum would have difficulty accusing Prosper of racism, since all applications are 100% online, and at no point do we ask any question having to do with race.  Racism in lending is not only unethical, it is illegal.  It is a terrible accusation and to have a person repeatedly post the same accusation on Facebook does the community no good.  I took down all the posts accusing Prosper of racism, except for one where I posted a similar answer to what I am posting here, that it is unethical, illegal, and impossible with our online system.  If I missed some of the other posts on this subject, please point them out and I will take them down too.

Thank you,

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee
I don't recall anyone raising an issue about Prosper respecting fair lending laws. The main issues of these "haters" center around Prosper's fiduciary responsibility, customer service, and customer relations with lenders.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

ggmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »

Thank you,

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee
I don't recall anyone raising an issue about Prosper respecting fair lending laws. The main issues of these "haters" center around Prosper's fiduciary responsibility, customer service, and customer relations with lenders.

My point exactly.  The question came up why the Facebook posts were deleted.  I was making the point that even people who have many complaints about Prosper have never accused them of racism.

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:24 am »

I agree with all of this.  I think you made the right move removing all these posts except for one, which you answered.  That is an improvement over the old Prosper ways, which would have been to scrub every single even slightly negative comment ASAP. 

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:32 am »

That is an improvement over the old Prosper ways, which would have been to scrub every single even slightly negative comment ASAP.  

I may have missed the memo.  In the context of Facebook, blog comments, etc, are the "old ways" truly behind us now?
(And yeah, I too am fairly certain the charge of racism was ever leveled at Prosper here.)

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 06:38:02 am »

Glenn, irrespective of motives, one of our concerns here is that Prosper has a lengthy history of stifling dissent and criticism.  As NewHorizon said, that obviously hasn't changed.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23:59 am »

Well, that's not really what I was trying to get across.

There was an extended period of time where I wasn't up to speed on all things Prosper.  Ira seemed to indicate that the "old ways" (just in terms of blunting criticism) are in the past now .  I was just wondering if that is indeed the general consensus around here these days.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 09:48:29 am »

Ira seemed to indicate that the "old ways" (just in terms of blunting criticism) are in the past now.

I didn't say that.  Just that this latest situation was an improvement. 

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

I would say that continued censorship on the one public forum Prosper can control shows that it hasn't changed its ways at all.  Further, hasn't Prosper "unfriended" several folks here?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:22:46 pm by xraider »
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08:59 am »

I would say that continued censorship on the one public forum Prosper can control shows that it hasn't changed it's ways at all.  Further, hasn't Prosper "unfriended" several folks here?

My "ira01" FB account was banned by FB for not being in my actual full name right after I started posting to Prosper's page -- I certainly imagine it was Prosper who urged FB to do so. 

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 10:27:09 am »

I would say that continued censorship on the one public forum Prosper can control shows that it hasn't changed it's ways at all.  Further, hasn't Prosper "unfriended" several folks here?

@ggmillar - would it make sense to re-evaluate those unfriended before your time to see if they shouldn't be UN-unfriended?

ggmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »

@ggmillar - would it make sense to re-evaluate those unfriended before your time to see if they shouldn't be UN-unfriended?

Forgive my ignorance, but I am a bit confused.  Facebook fan pages can't have friends.  They can have fans.  Are you saying that we unfanned you?  I just looked all over Facebook and for the life of me I can't find a list of people we have unfanned. 

And on the subject of getting Ira's Facebook page deleted: I wish we had that kind of pull with Facebook.  We can't even get our Facebook vanity URL changed.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 10:53:22 pm »

Forgive my ignorance, but I am a bit confused.  Facebook fan pages can't have friends.  They can have fans.  Are you saying that we unfanned you?  I just looked all over Facebook and for the life of me I can't find a list of people we have unfanned. 

And on the subject of getting Ira's Facebook page deleted: I wish we had that kind of pull with Facebook.  We can't even get our Facebook vanity URL changed.

This thread was started because Prosper "banned" several of us from its Facebook page. Even if we "Like" the page, we are no longer allowed to "Like" or "Comment" on any posts on the Wall of the page. I just tested this and it is still true. And we were banned for writing factual comments.

And Prosper does have that kind of "pull" with Facebook. Everyone does. All it takes is "Reporting" somebody's profile as using a fake name. Facebook even deleted a different Mark Zuckerberg's profile as a fake even though the guy really was a legitimate different Mark Zuckerberg.

ggmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 03:36:05 pm »

This thread was started because Prosper "banned" several of us from its Facebook page. Even if we "Like" the page, we are no longer allowed to "Like" or "Comment" on any posts on the Wall of the page. I just tested this and it is still true. And we were banned for writing factual comments.

And Prosper does have that kind of "pull" with Facebook. Everyone does. All it takes is "Reporting" somebody's profile as using a fake name. Facebook even deleted a different Mark Zuckerberg's profile as a fake even though the guy really was a legitimate different Mark Zuckerberg.

Thanks for the reply.  Any idea how I find the list of people that are blocked?  I can't find it nor can I find instructions how to find it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up