Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com  (Read 112569 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 05:20:51 pm »

since they didnt delete the current profile, I guess this must have to do with the previous profile version for which I got a warning. I mean what sense does it make to leave it there after the person is suspended?

For the previous version, they first deleted the text (and we all got that warning) but left the image so it seemed like they didnt care about it, then they deleted the image sometime after.

The image has been gone quite some time. It took a while to ban me because of that.

The current version will go too once they read this thread.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:28:17 am by 112233 »
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Nontyper

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 05:32:12 pm »

since they didnt delete the current profile, I guess this must have to do with the previous profile version for which I got a warning. I mean what sense does it make to leave it there after the person is suspended?

For the previous version, they first deleted the text (and we all got that warning) but left the image, then they deleted the image sometime after so it seemed like they didnt care about it.

The image has been gone quite some time. It took a while to ban me because of that.

The current version will go to once they read this thread.

I think they just haven't gotten around to deleting it yet...
** Note  that the information in this post may contain speculation, and in no way should be taken as legal advice. **
** The Posters nick is Nontyper, If you find a typo, you are not special. **

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 05:37:44 pm »

in any event, no big deal at this point. just thought people might be interested. If I get a response from customer service, Ill post it, otherwise I wont be pursuing the matter.

you're

Erasmus_Darwin

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »

Ya gotta admit they are reaching there - especially since it was so darned clever ;)

They aren't reaching.  Throwing some light text in and around a bold ad for Prospers.org doesn't quite transform that into something else.  I'm dumb-founded that people are treating this like some sort of capricious act on Prosper's part rather than a continuation of the well-known campaign against dot-org advertising.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:36 pm »

it looks like were talking about the wrong profile anyway since the current one is up still. theyll remove it though after they read this thread.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:00:46 pm by 112233 »

you're

ratchetr

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 06:45:52 pm »

Really makes you wonder how they chose who to ban. My own profile is much more offensive (albeit honest). But it's been sitting there for over 3 weeks and my account is still active. You would think the direct link to org would have been caught (yeah, it's white on white text, but that would only fool humans. Trivial to catch in SQL).
I guess it's not what you say in the profile (WGAF anyway? who reads them?). It's what you post here.

Just to test the theory:
Hello, Prosper Employee. This link is for you:
http://www.prosper.com/groups/member_home.aspx?screen_name=ratchetr

Nontyper

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »

Really makes you wonder how they chose who to ban. My own profile is much more offensive (albeit honest). But it's been sitting there for over 3 weeks and my account is still active. You would think the direct link to org would have been caught (yeah, it's white on white text, but that would only fool humans. Trivial to catch in SQL).
I guess it's not what you say in the profile (WGAF anyway? who reads them?). It's what you post here.

Just to test the theory:
Hello, Prosper Employee. This link is for you:
http://www.prosper.com/groups/member_home.aspx?screen_name=ratchetr

Dang that was slick...
** Note  that the information in this post may contain speculation, and in no way should be taken as legal advice. **

leporello

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 07:24:05 pm »

The white-on-white text is brilliant. You and 112233 are in a class by yourselves.

ratchetr

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 08:11:16 pm »

Well, my theory has been proven. It took Prosper Employee 1hr 15min to find this post and send the email.

Dear Roger,

Your account has been suspended for repeated policy violations related to your member page.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is xxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to Roger xxxxxx registered as ratchetr on Prosper. We will never send you an email which does not contain the full name and screen name that you registered with.

WGAF???

AmexFan

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 08:14:19 pm »

1 Hr 15 Mins?

That has to be a Prosper Employee or a Prosper Unpaid-I'm-A-Good-Doer Cheerleader.

Nontyper

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 08:16:03 pm »

That was fast...  And I liked that one..

ratchetr

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 08:49:29 pm »

1 Hr 15 Mins?

That has to be a Prosper Employee or a Prosper Unpaid-I'm-A-Good-Doer Cheerleader.

Yup. Anything automated would have kicked me out weeks ago. So, yes, we are being watched. No surprise.

Just verified that I can still transfer money out, so I'm happy. One weird thing, I can't delete messages now. Oh well.

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »

1 Hr 15 Mins?

Yup. Anything automated would have kicked me out weeks ago. So, yes, we are being watched. No surprise.

Just verified that I can still transfer money out, so I'm happy. One weird thing, I can't delete messages now. Oh well.

Actually its good to know we are being watched - perhaps someone might, on occasion, listen.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2008, 09:26:32 pm »

Too bad that there isn't a "suspended" status that showed up for suspended members.  That way, a third-party stats site could tell us just how many lenders Prosper has suspended over time.  The number is certainly growing.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:52 pm »

Prosper is allowed to censor whatever they want on their own servers. They also are entitled to ban anyone they dont like. That's fine. They reserve that right and I agree they should have it regardless of whether its a good business or ethical decision. What they can't do is censor people outside the boundaries of what they own, which is what this thread is about. In that respect, I reserve my own rights.

I truly hope Prosper succeeds. It's a great concept and product being executed horribly at the management level. With a great management in place, there would be no need to worry about trying to censor people. There would be no need to worry about the past because it would truly be the past and not just a continuation of an ongoing tragedy. People are smart. They will know the difference if this were to ever happen (I hope it does).

For now though, I will continue as I have. Nothing has changed for me. I have an active Prosper portfolio and will continue to fight for openness and transparency for myself and everyone else this affects.

If I receive any new information from Public Citizen, I will inform the community.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:39:09 pm by 112233 »

you're
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up