Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest Prosper blog  (Read 19337 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Latest Prosper blog
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:45:15 pm »

Andrew is actually begging people now.He's giving out the key tips to turd polishing.

http://blog.prosper.com/

And we Prosper lenders get that. We know you need a loan; otherwise you wouldn’t have jumped through Prosper’s hoops to ask for one. But we’re looking for a little commitment from you, too.

So tell someone, already. I did it, and I managed to get a great loan at an embarrassingly low interest rate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

bamalucky

• View Profile
Re: Latest Prosper blog
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:46:52 pm »

I knew this loan would be used for advertising at some point.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:50:22 pm »

Bama, I am saying this, not to start another how stoopid is Msava tirade from you, but to question your motives. Some of us, including you, have over $10,000 still sitting in Prosper's coffers. Don't you think it would behoove you to be a little less critical of every thing Prosper does, if only to protect your own assets?

So many things Prosper does is cause for all our ire. When appropriate no one hesitates to bring it to the attention of the masses. We need lenders and borrowers if Prosper is to survive long enough for those that want out, to get out. 

On second thought, it is better you vent your frustration on me and others in the forum. Constantly complaining about a company you so wisely chose to invest with, makes people question your intelligence.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 05:53:50 pm »

All of my loans are gonna default before the 36 months are up anyway.

Hoping/wishing PMI would work won't make it so.

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:43:45 pm »

Bama, I am saying this, not to start another how stoopid is Msava tirade from you, but to question your motives. Some of us, including you, have over $10,000 still sitting in Prosper's coffers. Don't you think it would behoove you to be a little less critical of every thing Prosper does, if only to protect your own assets?

So many things Prosper does is cause for all our ire. When appropriate no one hesitates to bring it to the attention of the masses. We need lenders and borrowers if Prosper is to survive long enough for those that want out, to get out. 

On second thought, it is better you vent your frustration on me and others in the forum. Constantly complaining about a company you so wisely chose to invest with, makes people question your intelligence.

Don't worry bama i got this one... msava [ *edited by LC* ]. Prosper fails we take the loss. It survives we lost again because borrowers are defaultinging in mass amounts. prosper does not care who or what bitches.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:29:04 pm by LoanChimp »

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:45:08 pm »

I just don't believe LS has your ROI correct. You only have 25 loans. Most of your loans were made after we had all the additional information. Most of your loans are B or better.

I think your biggest lost will be lost of interest due to early payoffs, as A and AA people tend to pay off their loans early.  You really should do a lot better than the old timers that lent money before all the good data.

Time will tell the tell.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 08:02:58 pm »

Don't worry bama i got this one... msava your a idiot. Prosper fails we take the loss. It survives we lost again because borrowers are defaultinging in mass amounts. prosper does not care who or what bitches.
Rilesemo, you're very young with only a grand in the pot. To you this was probably just a weekend binge. Once an investment gets to 5k and over people tend to think of it as downpayment on property, used car, 401k investment, college funds... not nearly as easy to be so cavalier about the possible loss.

I do wonder if I'm the only lender that feels we should downplay some of the criticisms, in the hopes Prosper does survive and our good borrowers continue to pay? I prefer being overly optimistic, than constantly negative on our, and Prosper's future.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:46 pm »

Ava,i have more lates that you can't see yet.

Also almost all of my loans have been late at 1 point or another & i have not too much hope of the future on chronic lates

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28:38 pm »

Riles, let's keep it civil. No personal attacks in the Lobby. Flame away on the inside boards, but this is not the place. I edited your comment...

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »

Andrew is actually begging people now.He's giving out the key tips to turd polishing.

Or, just perhaps, Andrew is just explaining how Prosper is supposed to work? sheesh, bama...

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:51 pm »

Or, just perhaps, Andrew is just explaining how Prosper is supposed to work? sheesh, bama...

Then why doesn't he say

"Get your friends to bid,or know you have a loan so they can put peer pressure on you to repay the people who took a chance on you"

Is it me or is PMI dripping the "P" in P2P lending

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:59 pm »

I do wonder if I'm the only lender that feels we should downplay some of the criticisms, in the hopes Prosper does survive and our good borrowers continue to pay? I prefer being overly optimistic, than constantly negative on our, and Prosper's future.

So we should hide Prosper's shortcomings so that enough new suckers lenders fall for Prosper's misleading advertisements to prop Prosper up until we get our money out, is that your bright idea?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 09:46:01 pm »

I suppose that it was just "explaining how Prosper is supposed to work" when Prosper added guidance to borrowers that asking for $25K was a red flag to lenders, and that they should just ask for $24K instead?  Since the mere 4% difference in monthly payments of a $24K loan versus a $25K one is highly unlikely to make such a loan safer for lenders, providing this advice to borrowers can only serve to increase lenders' risk. 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 09:52:55 pm »

I suppose that it was just "explaining how Prosper is supposed to work" when Prosper added guidance to borrowers that asking for $25K was a red flag to lenders, and that they should just ask for $24K instead?  Since the mere 4% difference in monthly payments of a $24K loan versus a $25K one is highly unlikely to make such a loan safer for lenders, providing this advice to borrowers can only serve to increase lenders' risk. 

They could also just "explain how Prosper is supposed to work" for lenders by linking to your 9.48% ROI calculated on Lending Stats:  http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders/ira01

;)

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 10:00:49 pm »

Or mine that will be Negative as soon as my new $1100 late hits >15.

LS is way off on their ROI's.

They have janeybooboo doing awesome,yet just look at it on erics.It's 1/3 late or worse

http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders/janeybooboo
http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/janeybooboo

155 defaults worth $18,597.28 sold for $2,270.58...On a 100k folio..Call me crazy but a 7.7% ROI doesn't add up
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:03:52 pm by bamalucky »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up