Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper's Facebook  (Read 49144 times)

Cushie

• View Profile
Prosper's Facebook
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:55:45 pm »

So far they've kicked me, Bama and one other person off.  Apologies to the other person - I haven't figured out your .org name.

I tried to rejoin, no go.  I know it's typical, but Prosper's systematic shutting out anyone who dares to speak the truth is getting old.  It's what is leading to their eventual demise.  They did it with lenders, they do it the press and to anyone who doesn't tow the company line.

Prosper just makes me sad.  The potential is just that - potential.  They've stomped out any voice of dissent, the voice that could've most helped them.  It isn't your fans and yes men that help you grow.  It's the ones that point out flaws and are honest. 

ira01

• View Profile
Re: Prosper's Facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:46 pm »

So far they've kicked me, Bama and one other person off.  Apologies to the other person - I haven't figured out your .org name.

I tried to rejoin, no go.  I know it's typical, but Prosper's systematic shutting out anyone who dares to speak the truth is getting old.  It's what is leading to their eventual demise.  They did it with lenders, they do it the press and to anyone who doesn't tow the company line.

Prosper just makes me sad.  The potential is just that - potential.  They've stomped out any voice of dissent, the voice that could've most helped them.  It isn't your fans and yes men that help you grow.  It's the ones that point out flaws and are honest. 

They got my Ira Oh-One FB account deleted.   ;D
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

It's easier to quell the truth than to fix the problems.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »

I can see why they might be able to ban someone from joining their group, but they can get a username deleted? Did you complain about that?
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Beerbud1

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:09:45 pm »

I wonder why they didn't get zapp ohfive deleted?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:15:57 pm »

Yep, this is the transparency and "high standards of discourse" they're trying to pass off as something else than a cheap marketing gimmick.

These are the same people who demand to be given space for their illiterate attempts to "refute" truth - while systematically suppressing truth.

Someone once referred to Prosper as the North Korea of P2P - and it's becoming increasingly difficult to disagree.

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:20 pm »

I can see why they might be able to ban someone from joining their group, but they can get a username deleted? Did you complain about that?

Nothing really to complain about -- FB's TOS says you have to use your real name.  I guess they didn't believe that I was really Mr. Oh-One.   ;D

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:20:52 pm »

I have a couple of friends who don't use their "real name". Turning someone in is such an incredibly pantiewaste thing for ANYONE to do, let alone a company. They really are a bunch of douche bags.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »

Yes, they banned me from their Facebook page. I can't comment on or "like" anything either. So I removed myself from their fans list.

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:32 pm »

Try using an anonymous proxy and see if it'll let you reregister...

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:26:57 pm »

Typical.  

Nominate for lobby, in the hope that the next blogger or publication to write about Prosper will mention Prosper's efforts to prevent the dissemination of negative information about it, no matter how accurate.

Additionally, nominate for lobby, in the hope that potential Prosper "investors" will see that for themselves.

Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:30:04 pm »

Typical.  

Nominate for lobby, in the hope that the next blogger or publication to write about Prosper will mention Prosper's efforts to prevent the dissemination of negative information about it, no matter how accurate.

Additionally, nominate for lobby, in the hope that potential Prosper "investors" will see that for themselves.

Second for Lobby.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »

I'm ok with the lobby even though it ties me to my real name. This is important information for the public.

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 08:01:46 pm »

They've stomped out any voice of dissent, the voice that could've most helped them.  It isn't your fans and yes men that help you grow.  It's the ones that point out flaws and are honest. 

True. They suppressed correction when offered in love. They suppressed correction when rubbed in their nose. So correction now comes from places they can't control.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

ccat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »

So you've been de-friended huh? That's a real soul crusher isn't it  ;D

Prosper motto: A fool and his money are soon parted
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up